View Poll Results: When using the installer, do you need to do additional tweak?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, it runs perfectly

114 76.00%
  • Yes, I need to copy dll manually

16 10.67%
  • Yes, I need to copy dll and set dll overrides manually

20 13.33%
Page 52 of 85 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Install E-sword with wine

Beans

Re: How To Install E-sword with wine

wow you are so awesome. I love the ubuntu but was so frustrated could not get E-sword working. Thanks to you it is installed and working thanks a million. God Bless.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by JDArnott View Post
    Greetings

No joy. I used WINE 1.0.1 (am trying to upgrade to one higher than the 1.1.20 mentioned in the installation) but on completion got:

Esword_installer error: Note: command 'cp -f /home/justin/.wine_Esword/drive_c/Program Files/e-Sword/riched20.dll /home/justin/.wine_Esword/drive_c/windows/system32' returned status 1, Aborting

e-Sword is in the WINE folder, but it doesn't run. Will keep trying.

Enjoy!
    I had the same problem - it's definitely important that people go to the wine web link in the first post, and upgrade your software sources so that you can get wine updates.

Also, one more thing. I tried to install BEFORE doing the upgrade of Wine, and that messed with the install. Whenever I tried to do the install again from then on, it would not work - even after I'd updated Wine, even after a restart. What you need to do, is go to the bottom of the installer DK's made, and choose the "Remove E-Sword" function. THEN when you try to install again, then it worked fine.

Oh, one last thing - fairly low-tech, but handy. If you've got heaps of extra resources to install, open up your file manager (Nautilus, Thunar, etc), and go to the folder where you've put them all. Then, just so you can keep track of which ones you've already installed, just click-once on each one as you go. That way you can say, "Which one am I up to?" And your File Manager will show you.

The ONLY thing I'm trying to figure out now is where to move my personal preferences (my extra not files, my bookmarks, my highlights, etc). E-Sword isn't reading them in my Documents Folder any more.
    Last edited by Pepe Lebuntu; September 13th, 2009 at 11:42 AM.
    Still hoping a distribution will one day be called "Stylish Skunk"...

[running on a Lenovo Thinkpad X121e]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe Lebuntu View Post
    The ONLY thing I'm trying to figure out now is where to move my personal preferences (my extra not files, my bookmarks, my highlights, etc). E-Sword isn't reading them in my Documents Folder any more.
    Usualy in /home/username/e-Sword
    If it is still fail, probably there is no link to /home/username folder and you have to make a link in /home/username/.wine_Esword/drive_c/users/username

DK

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by david_kt View Post
    Usualy in /home/username/e-Sword
    If it is still fail, probably there is no link to /home/username folder and you have to make a link in /home/username/.wine_Esword/drive_c/users/username

DK
    Thanks mate. I've figured out that it's not that the files aren't in the right place, it's that they're no longer in the right format. Got to make them all notx, etc now...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi guys, thanks for your responses - I am after the setup.exe for e-sword itself. The script is awesome, but I want to use 8.x for now and have lost the install files. I have the e-sword folder backed up nicely though!

I can use the manual configuration settings for installing - as we did before your marvelous script!

Thanks

Ali
    I'm not flat, the band is sharp
    - Frank Sinatra

Beans

what is the latest version of wine that works best

and will someone pretty please put a link up to the downlaod site

and last things does the new installer have commentary in

thanks
    Last edited by staffie; September 15th, 2009 at 06:31 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Here you go: http://www.winehq.org/download/deb
    This also comes with excellent instructions. You're gonna need to tweak your Software Sources as well.

How does this Installer go for other people, in terms of individual modules AFTER the initial installation? I've got an extra few modules I want to load AFTER the initial install (my NASB update has come through, I want to install the Imitation of Christ topic, etc). I've tried to install these using the installer, and it gives me an error message. But Wine won't even touch them when I just double-click them in Nautilus.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Here you go: http://www.winehq.org/download/deb
    This also comes with excellent instructions. You're gonna need to tweak your Software Sources as well.

How does this Installer go for other people, in terms of individual modules AFTER the initial installation? I've got an extra few modules I want to load AFTER the initial install (my NASB update has come through, I want to install the Imitation of Christ topic, etc). I've tried to install these using the installer, and it gives me an error message. But Wine won't even touch them when I just double-click them in Nautilus.
    You just need to make sure the modules are of correct version. I mean for version 9 onward, you will need new modules. If you want to install automatically, launch the installer and choose clear cache, and then launch the installer again and choose whatever module you want to install.

DK
    Last edited by david_kt; September 15th, 2009 at 02:22 PM.

Beans
    Distro

I downloaded the module from the link Rick sent me yesterday, and I'd told him I'd updated, so I presume it's the right one.

I tried your trick of using the installer to empty the cache and then using its module function, but it still gave me the error.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I downloaded the module from the link Rick sent me yesterday, and I'd told him I'd updated, so I presume it's the right one.

I tried your trick of using the installer to empty the cache and then using its module function, but it still gave me the error.
    Which module do you want to install?
    What exactly the error do you face?

DK

Page 52 of 85 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast