View Poll Results: When using the installer, do you need to do additional tweak?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, it runs perfectly

114 76.00%
  • Yes, I need to copy dll manually

16 10.67%
  • Yes, I need to copy dll and set dll overrides manually

20 13.33%
Page 5 of 85 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Install E-sword with wine

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: How To Install E-sword with wine

Quote Originally Posted by th1bill View Post
    Okay, I downloaded the new copies of riched20.dll and msls.dll, renamed RICHED20.DLL to same but lower case and pasted them in the system32 folder. I have exactly the same result as before. These files were downloaded from dlldump.com.

I also still get the install wizard preparoiong to setup message and it freezes.
    No, you must download 4 dlls: riched20.dll, riched32.dll, oleaut32.dll, and msls31.dll
    And after that, make sure you also set riched20.dll and oleaut32.dll to native:

Code:
    env WINEPREFIX=~/.wine_Esword winecfg
    Wine configuration window will pop up, click library tab, type riched20.dll, click add, edit to set it to native. Do the same for oleaut32.dll. And then try again.

Please post here the out put in the terminal.

DK

Beans

I'm sorry David, I downloaded all four .dll files and dragged and dropped, answering yes when asked if I wanted to replace them and so I do not have a terminal output to copy this time. To set the riched20.dll and the oleaut32.dll to native I used the GUI at Applications>Wine>Wine Configure. I still receive the msls not found and I am still unable to install any other Bibles. If you need a terminal output give a command to issue and I will publish the output. The files are located at ~/.wine_Esword/drive_c:/windows/system32.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by th1bill View Post
    I'm sorry David, I downloaded all four .dll files and dragged and dropped, answering yes when asked if I wanted to replace them and so I do not have a terminal output to copy this time. To set the riched20.dll and the oleaut32.dll to native I used the GUI at Applications>Wine>Wine Configure. I still receive the msls not found and I am still unable to install any other Bibles. If you need a terminal output give a command to issue and I will publish the output. The files are located at ~/.wine_Esword/drive_c:/windows/system32.
    First of all, make sure it is no " : " in the folder name. It should be:

Code:
    ~/.wine_Esword/drive_c/windows/system32.
    Instead of
    Code:
    ~/.wine_Esword/drive_c:/windows/system32.

See if that is the mistake. You must make sure you only have one folder "drive_c", not two folders "drive_c" and "drive_c:"

After that try again if it is ok.

And what I mean by terminal output is open terminal and issue below command:

Code:
     env WINEPREFIX=~/.wine_Esword wine "C:\Program Files\e-Sword\e-Sword.exe"
    Code:
    env WINEPREFIX=~/.wine_Esword WINEDLLOVERRIDES="riched20=n" WINEDLLOVERRIDES="riched32=n" wine bbe.exe
    DK

Beans

th1bill@workgroup:~$ env WINEPREFIX=~/.wine_Esword wine "C:\Program Files\e-Sword\e-Sword.exe"
    wine: cannot find 'C:\Program Files\e-Sword\e-Sword.exe'
    th1bill@workgroup:~$
    The output will come in two posts, iy goes crazy next.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Bill,

Looks like you make some mistakes when following this instruction (or it might be due to the mistake I make earlier) as the wine could not even find the e-Sword.exe. Could you do me a favor by doing below steps:

1. delete the .wine_Esword folder.
    2. reboot your computer
    3. repeat the instruction in the beginning of this thread carefully

If after that still unsuccessful, I will tell you the next step. Please be patient, I am sure I could guide you through this process.

DK

Beans

Sorry, you'll know why so long in a second.
    fixme:richedit;RichedEditWndProc-common EM_FOR_MATRANGE:stub
    When I put the second command in to the Terminal I writes thousands of lines of this code. The only way to stop it is to force a shut down with the Restart button on the front of the machine.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by david_kt View Post
    Bill,

Looks like you make some mistakes when following this instruction (or it might be due to the mistake I make earlier) as the wine could not even find the e-Sword.exe. Could you do me a favor by doing below steps:

1. delete the .wine_Esword folder.
    2. reboot your computer
    3. repeat the instruction in the beginning of this thread carefully

If after that still unsuccessful, I will tell you the next step. Please be patient, I am sure I could guide you through this process.

DK
    Alright and thank you for you patience with a sometimes loud mouth Wibndows convert.

Beans

I followed the instructions with the exception that the downloaded e-Sword read setup797.exe. I made the change and it installed without hitch but when I typed the copied and pasted the run command it came up with no text and the Terminal went wild once more. This time it did allow me to click the "x" button and shut it down so no read out to post. I'm about to reboot and bring up the esword from the desktop icon. BRB

Beans

I've rebooted and I get the frames but no text when I click the icon.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Give me about 8 hours from now, I will try E-sword 797 version once I arrive home and inform you the result. Please let me know also your wine version, open terminal and issue below command:

Code:
    wine --version
    DK

Page 5 of 85 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast