View Poll Results: When using the installer, do you need to do additional tweak?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, it runs perfectly

114 76.00%
  • Yes, I need to copy dll manually

16 10.67%
  • Yes, I need to copy dll and set dll overrides manually

20 13.33%
Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Install E-sword with wine

Beans

Re: How To Install E-sword with wine

I was getting a "Preparing to Install..." message with the addons but I figured out the problem I was having. I used the .dll's from my Windows install rather than downloading them. Once I replaced those .dll's with the downloadable ones the addons installation worked.

Also, with the addons I had to alt+tab to the installation screen each step because it defaulted to just a the blue install screen. For a split second it was confusing.

In the end it worked great. Thanks for the great instructions! Would have been lost without them.

Beans

I have a fresh Gutsy install. I have managed to get the text for the KJV but I am getting the msls error and when I try to install the asv.exe module I recive the message tellimg me the directory does not exist. I'm lost.

Beans

And then there is this problem;

th1bill@workgroup:~$ cd desktop
    bash: cd: desktop: No such file or directory
    th1bill@workgroup:~$ cd Desktop
    th1bill@workgroup:~/Desktop$ cp msls31.dll ~/.wine_Esword /drive_c/windows/system32
    cp: target `/drive_c/windows/system32' is not a directory
    th1bill@workgroup:~/Desktop$

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by th1bill View Post
    And then there is this problem;
    th1bill@workgroup:~$ cd Desktop
    th1bill@workgroup:~/Desktop$ cp msls31.dll ~/.wine_Esword /drive_c/windows/system32
    cp: target `/drive_c/windows/system32' is not a directory
    th1bill@workgroup:~/Desktop$
    Hi Bill,

There is a mistake in the instruction, please remove the space between ~/.wine_Esword and /drive_c.... So, it should be

Code:
    cp msls31.dll ~/.wine_Esword/drive_c/windows/system32
    I have amended the instruction as well. Thanks for the feedback and please let me know if you have ther problems after successfully copying the msls31.dll into place.

DK

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by david_kt View Post
    Hi Bill,

There is a mistake in the instruction, please remove the space between ~/.wine_Esword and /drive_c.... So, it should be

Code:
    cp msls31.dll ~/.wine_Esword/drive_c/windows/system32
    I have amended the instruction as well. Thanks for the feedback and please let me know if you have ther problems after successfully copying the msls31.dll into place.

DK
    .. I copied and pasted the code and it executed. When I bring up e-Sword and my cursor touches the linked strongs numbers the msls not found message pops up and when I click OK I get a never-eding series of empty squares as I move the cursor around the window.
    .. I do not know if it matters but I installed the setup795 through the download manager of Foxfire. Then, my modules, ie. asv.exe, are located in Downloads and even if I cd to Downloads the Terminal tells me it cannot install the module because it cannot find it.
    .. Thanks for the help David. I have already given up on this once but there just is nothing available for the laborer in Linux right now that a person on a limited, fixed income can afford. e-Sword really is all there is.

Beans

David, I just clicked Places and went Home>.wine_Esword>drive_c:>windows>system32 and the msls.dll is there.

Beans

I copied asv.exe and pasted a copy to my desktop anrd to my Home folder. I then got the following results fro the terminal;

th1bill@workgroup:~$ env WINEPREFIX=~/.wine_Esword WINEDLLOVERRIDES="riched20=n" WINEDLLOVERRIDES="riched32=n" wine asv.exe

and the message came up, "Preparing Wizard, please wait," and it froze.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by th1bill View Post
    I copied asv.exe and pasted a copy to my desktop anrd to my Home folder. I then got the following results fro the terminal;

th1bill@workgroup:~$ env WINEPREFIX=~/.wine_Esword WINEDLLOVERRIDES="riched20=n" WINEDLLOVERRIDES="riched32=n" wine asv.exe

and the message came up, "Preparing Wizard, please wait," and it froze.
    Looks like the dll is not downloaded correctly. Could you try to download the dll again. And please take note that there is some problem in the instruction (it did not appear for unknown reason), you should download oleaut32.dll as well. I try to repair the instruction shortly.

DK

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by david_kt View Post
    Looks like the dll is not downloaded correctly. Could you try to download the dll again. And please take note that there is some problem in the instruction (it did not appear for unknown reason), you should download oleaut32.dll as well. I try to repair the instruction shortly.

DK
    Thank you, I'll do as you suggested and get back to this in about 8 hours. Once again, I really appreciate your help. With Rick Meyers consent I make up CD's and give them away. I am now promoting Ubuntu at my church and the issue will certainly come up there also and I will keep the notes on the install process to help others.

Beans

Okay, I downloaded the new copies of riched20.dll and msls.dll, renamed RICHED20.DLL to same but lower case and pasted them in the system32 folder. I have exactly the same result as before. These files were downloaded from dlldump.com.

I also still get the install wizard preparoiong to setup message and it freezes.

Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast