View Poll Results: When using the installer, do you need to do additional tweak?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, it runs perfectly

114 76.00%
  • Yes, I need to copy dll manually

16 10.67%
  • Yes, I need to copy dll and set dll overrides manually

20 13.33%
Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Install E-sword with wine

Beans

Re: How To Install E-sword with wine

I have copied the dll files and executed the E_sword program. The program comes up but it does not have any bibles or other programs. I have tried installing the add-ons with the following command:

root@aggiedvm-laptop:/home/aggiedvm# env WINEPREFIX=/.wine_Esword WINEDLLOVERRIDES="riched20=n" WINEDLLOVERRIDES="riched32=n" wine barnes.exe

The program then hangs with a mesage box sayihng "preparing wizard please wait" and then nothing happens.

Any help would be appreciated.

Aggiedvm

Beans

I was able to successfully install e-Sword with your instructions from above, but when I try to set the dll's to native, the button that says add is grayed out. I'm running wine version wine-0.9.46. Can someone help with this?

Thanks,

Jim T

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I too am trying to install e-Sword with wine-0.9.46. but all I get is blank pages with no text. I have followed the instructions carefully but to no avail. I would like to install Ubuntu on my wife's computer but without e-Sword Ubuntu will not be used.

Please any help would be appreciated.

Ray

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Sorry I have not tried this installation using latest wine, but my e-sword is still working fine with latest wine.

Once I got back home I will try it using latest wine and update the instalation instruction as neccesary to suit to latest wine.

DK

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

One potential issue in installing e-Sword, is that e-sword.net has been redesigned to drop/reject connections from bots, scripts, and the like.

xan

jonathon.
    And now I bend the knee of my heart,
    Imploring you for your kindness.

Beans
    Distro

I have checked using latest e-sword (794) and wine 0.9.53, e-sword still install without problem. In order to view it, you must make sure to add dll overrides in winecfg as mentioned.

To add dll overrides, you need to type riched20, and then press add. If you have not typed anything yet, offcourse the add button is not active.

But I have not able to install addon as well using ubuntustudio gutsy gibbon, I will check further how to overcome this issue.

I will come back as soon as I got some solution for this other than copying the addon from windows box.

DK

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by rgroff View Post
    I too am trying to install e-Sword with wine-0.9.46. but all I get is blank pages with no text. I have followed the instructions carefully but to no avail. I would like to install Ubuntu on my wife's computer but without e-Sword Ubuntu will not be used.

Please any help would be appreciated.

Ray
    Please run

Code:
    env WINEPREFIX=~/.wine_Esword winecfg
    and on library set riched20.dll and oleaut32.dll to native for e-sword.exe.
    That would solve your problem. But I still could not install addon yet using gutsy.

DK

Beans
    Distro

sorry, double post
    Last edited by david_kt; January 28th, 2008 at 04:07 PM. Reason: double post

Beans
    Distro

I have edited this "how to" to solve recent problem of installing addons. The problem lies in the source of dll download. As I am not sure whether or not I could share dll legally, I have looked for a new source of dll, which I have tested it could be used.

Please refer to my first post in this thread and let me know if any of you still face some problems. You should be able to use latest wine, latest e-sword, and all addons. And you could use this how to theoritically in any distro that could run wine.

DK

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ggaines1 View Post
    trying to install esword in ubuntu 7:10, keeps hanging on install have tried debian packag e and allows me to load all modules but wont configure, tried wine install instructions and when I get to this point /home/gregory/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/setup785.exe

It hangs saying looking for location for files but box hangs and can get no farther.
    any advice would be apreciated,

I am very much a beginner to ubuntu

thanks

Ithink you use debian package in ubuntu christian. This how to does not require that package, just follow exactly as written. Oh, I forgot, you should install wine first:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install wine
    If it said there is no wine package, add the repository or follow below instrcution:

Code:
    http://www.winehq.org/site/download-deb
    DK

Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast