Thread: Ebay advice

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Question Ebay advice

I've got an HP Pavilion zv5160 laptop that recently had the backlight go out. I figure I could fetch a sum for it on Ebay as it has a freshly replaced motherboard and all of the other parts are in fine working condition. What would you all suggest I could sell this machine for? Motherboards for this machine seem to go for about 300$, power supplies, memory, HDD's, and screens about 150$ each.

The machine has:

P4 Mobile (2.8ghz)
    60gb hard drive
    512mb RAM
    128mb ATI Radeon 9100 IGP
    On-board sound
    DVD/CD-RW drive
    3-month old battery

Comments/advice are appreciated

Cheers,
    Twiggy
    Last edited by Twiggy794; March 19th, 2007 at 10:38 PM.

Beans

Re: Ebay advice

Hello,

I'm assuming you've already searched eBay to get pricing ideas, if not... there is currently one laptop similar to yours for sale.

I would recommend watching that auction until it ends to view the final selling price. That will give you an idea of what the eBay market could do to turn your laptop into cash.

Another option would be to try selling the laptop locally through craigslist. It’s free to list items for sale and no final value fees to pay so that will put more money in your pocket.

Good luck.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I'm assuming you've already searched eBay to get pricing ideas, if not... there is currently one laptop similar to yours for sale.
    Aye I did search and due to the incorrect spelling of "Pavilion" I missed that second, looks like the first one there is new since I've been hunting. Thanks for the link.

Another option would be to try selling the laptop locally through craigslist. It’s free to list items for sale and no final value fees to pay so that will put more money in your pocket.
    I didn't think about Craig's List, thanks for the tip!

Cheers,
    Twiggy

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

This is probably too late to be helpful but...
    I had a similar thing happen to a Presario 2100 recently. There is nothing wrong with the mainboard, or anything as far as could be seen visually.
    After taking it apart screen and all, I put it back together and the backlight was working again. No good explanation, it's just that simple. I don't know what was wrong, I didn't really "fix" anything, but it's working now.

You might benefit from the same kind of thing.

Beans

Yeah, you could try and fix it or get someone else with electronics/lcd experience look at it.

I would have a look for you but I'm a bit far away