Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PCSX2 (Playstation 2 emulator) 0.9.3 for Linux only

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: PCSX2 (Playstation 2 emulator) 0.9.3 for Linux only

that sux.....so to all newcomers....either buy a ps2 (witch defeats the point)....or find one online....somewhere...

i could have erased it untill u added my quote...........

"In Soviet Russia, Game Play YOU"......Sony thinks there Smart...
    Last edited by Damiox; June 14th, 2008 at 01:04 AM.
    INdustrial Muscian And Songwriter/LEO
    The Revolution Will Be synthesized-MDFMK
    - funerallostindustrial@myspace -

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by Damiox View Post
    that sux.....so to all newcomers....either buy a ps2 (witch defeats the point)....or find one online....somewhere.....here is some help in your journey

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_can_...n_2_BIOS_files

good luck.....

found it....russian servers....hehe

"In Soviet Russia, Game Play YOU"......Sony thinks there Smart...
    Sigh... You should have listened to Grishka, Damiox. Playstation 2 BIOSs are copyright of Sony, and the only way to have one legally is to rip it from a Playstation 2 you own.

Downloading them is strictly illegal and will not be tolerated in any responsible forum like this one. I advise you not to repeat your remarks and hope a staff member doesn't spot your remarks.

Edit: posting links for helping people to find Playstation BIOSs is particularly badly regarded. You're just lucky you didn't post a link to your "russian servers."
    Last edited by acoustibop; June 14th, 2008 at 12:58 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by acoustibop View Post
    Sigh... You should have listened to Grishka, Damiox. Playstation 2 BIOSs are copyright of Sony, and the only way to have one legally is to rip it from a Playstation 2 you own.

Downloading them is strictly illegal and will not be tolerated in any responsible forum like this one. I advise you not to repeat your remarks and hope a staff member doesn't spot your remarks.

Edit: posting links for helping people to find Playstation BIOSs is particularly badly regarded. You're just lucky you didn't post a link to your "Russian servers."
    I know Im a newbie and really shouldn't be criticizing anyone....but....you just kinda posted the link in your quote.

EDIT: And I just now realized what he was talking about in his Edit......
    Last edited by DJCalarco; July 24th, 2008 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Dumbassedness (and bad spelling)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

it installed some NVDIA toolkit.. do I have to have that kind of graphics card for it to work? I have a pretty crappy old ATI card. I can use PSX (sometimes) though.

Beans

uhhh how do u rip games from ur discs legally?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hi dudes some one can said how to mount disk into the emulator pls....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

backing up your playstation2 games are easy

http://redump.org/guide/

this guide has some extra stuff for rom verification, so you'll only need to dump once. some games are CD based rather than DVD based so pick out the appropriate guide. any of the Windows software the guide recommends runs fine through wine.

Beans

Exclamation Re: PCSX2 (Playstation 2 emulator) 0.9.3 for Linux only

Quote Originally Posted by acoustibop View Post

Edit: posting links for helping people to find Playstation BIOSs is particularly badly regarded. You're just lucky you didn't post a link to your "russian servers."
    There's no need to be rude about the subject. Blanket statements about such things being illegal are silly over-simplications. The law on the matter varies from country to country. For example, it has been ruled numerous times in Spain that downloading copyrighted material for personal non-commercial use is perfectly legal.

Since the situation is legally complex and this is an international forum, it has been decided it's best not to talk about such things on Ubuntu Forums. Other boards can and do have other sets of rules.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Why are you all digging up this dead thread and fighting. stfu..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12