Thread: National Tatan Day(usa)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: National Tatan Day(usa)

Quote Originally Posted by xpod View Post
    lol

My 2 youngest girls were born down here in England which for many Scotsman would be something unthinkable...indeed i had to wrestle with the idea myself during many a sleepless night and even considered throwing the wife in the car when the labour pains began and at least getting back over the border

Of course it was the local hospital and not the M1 we headed to but if you ask my 2 little English girls what nationality they are guess what they`ll tell you ...

l
    Seems living in London is not so unthinkable for you though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Just allowing my two youngest girls to be born down here in Engalnd was a big thing for me and as shallow as that mabey sounds thats just the way it is and you would really need to be Scottish to understand it at all....
    I couldn't care less where I was born..

I do love Scotland, but other countries are equally valid

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I was born in America... but I still wear my tartan and play the warpipes and declare myself as a Scotsman. My family still owns land in Scotland even though we've been in the states for four generations now. I have relatives that I've traveled to Scotland to visit with and vice versa. I've got hair as red as fire and eyes in the blue of woad. Not to mention, last few times I was o'er there, I bumped into a person who was the spitting image of myself.

Born an American... will die a Scotsman.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Seems living in London is not so unthinkable for you though.
    Of couse not m8,Londons great.......
    The fact that 2 of my girls are actually English dosent bother me in the slightest and it`s just a bit of banter i once had to counter from English mates of mine down here and the best i could come up with was the "crossing back over the border for the birth nonsense".....i had the buggers believing me for long enough though

I couldn't care less where I was born..

I do love Scotland, but other countries are equally valid
    Quite right

I was born in America... but I still wear my tartan and play the warpipes and declare myself as a Scotsman. My family still owns land in Scotland even though we've been in the states for four generations now. I have relatives that I've traveled to Scotland to visit with and vice versa. I've got hair as red as fire and eyes in the blue of woad. Not to mention, last few times I was o'er there, I bumped into a person who was the spitting image of myself.

Born an American... will die a Scotsman.
    THATS more like it
    Your probably more Scottish than me by the sounds of it as i dont really wear tartan,cant play the bagpipes to save myself and contrary to what the avatar might indicate i dont actually have red hair either.

I do love a plate o haggis though
    http://ubuntuclips.org/videos/4

For the lazy readers

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.10 Edgy

My 2 youngest girls were born down here in England which for many Scotsman would be something unthinkable...indeed i had to wrestle with the idea myself during many a sleepless night and even considered throwing the wife in the car when the labour pains began and at least getting back over the border
    Now *THAT* is what I call a dilemma
    We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation - Voltaire

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Now *THAT* is what I call a dilemma
    lol....Someone who understands
    I was just up in Edinburgh myself a week or 2 ago visiting family and if i hadn`t been missing my Ubuntu so much i might not have come back.

Something i had to re-explain to the wife pretty hurridly mind you.
    She says she`ll pack a live cd next time

Anyway,we`re all off to the funfair so have an eggcellent easter ppl.
    http://ubuntuclips.org/videos/4

For the lazy readers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12