Thread: Do we have a mission statement or anything?

Beans

Do we have a mission statement or anything?

To effectively help fix Bug #1 in PA I think we need direction. Do we have some sort of mission statement, or list of goals we want to accomplish in PA?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Do we have a mission statement or anything?

Yes and No. Yes we need a direction and no we don't have a mission statement yet. We ARE moving that direction, though.

Let's start talking about it... Where does everyone see us going? I know that we have a very big interest in computer donation programs...
    - Bret
    Pennsylvania LoCo Team Contact
    http://breadthofreality.blogspot.com

Beans

Re: Do we have a mission statement or anything?

My major reason for joining is Linux Evangelism. I want to spread the word in PA and around the world. I think Ubuntu is the best distro to spread to people and LoCo teams are the way to do it. I give ubuntu out wherever I go and explain it to people and why it's so much better than the alternatives. Usually people don't care but some do. Whenever i give out cds i make sure that the URL to the ubuntu wiki and the forum are written on the paper i wrap the cds in. That's my personal focus. I'm all for computer donation stuff too and would love to help out, someone in irc told me there's on in philly not far from me so I might go check them out. Everyone should post their ideas here as to what their personal goals of being in this LoCo are and hopefully we can compile a global mission statement so that we may have direction and purpose!