Thread: sabayon file system

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

sabayon file system

Hello,

Have a new PC with a G/B SLI mobo that I cannot get any version of Ubuntu to operate on with even with the 'noapic' boot option. 6.06 Live runs but will not install, 6.10 and 7.04b do not run as live. So I uinstalled Sabayon 3.25 (wauingf for th 3.3 DVD tro arrive.

I have a problem. When I load GPartEd it sees all partitions but says the Sabayon partition is an unknown file format and I cannot resize it or do anything to it. Any ideas? I want to shrink it to create another partition.

tnoy
    "Frankly Bill ... I don't give a damn!"
    Linux User # 434139
    Using Ubuntu 10.10 on my eeepc and loving it!!

Beans

Re: sabayon file system

I think that sabayon makes an LVM's or something called similar I don't know is parted able to handle these, but they are made to make shrinking easier

Beans

Re: sabayon file system

Quote Originally Posted by zaratustra View Post
    I think that sabayon makes an LVM's or something called similar I don't know is parted able to handle these, but they are made to make shrinking easier
    Yeah, LVM is standard. Use a Fedora disk or the Sabayon disk when you get it to do the partitions. I would recommend (a) doing a manual partition to avoid LVM unless you know what it is and why you want it, and (b) Don't use the DVD, save yourself about 8 hours, tons of bandwidth, and a lot of headaches and frustration later and get the 3.3 mini edition.
    Desktop: AMD Athlon64 X2 3600+, Nvidia 8600GT, 3GB RAM, 80GB hd, Windows 7 Beta
    Lappy: Sony Vaio FW-140E, Intel P8400 2.26Ghz, 3GB Ram, 250GB HD, Intel x4500MHD, Windows 7 Beta & Kubuntu 8.10 w/ KDE 4.2