Thread: How can i install KDevelop in Ubuntu

Beans

How can i install KDevelop in Ubuntu

Ubuntu now is not available for KDevelop C/C++. So how can i install that package? Is there any package like that, plz tell me the name of it!

Beans

Re: How can i install KDevelop in Ubuntu

When you find some software you want to install, do not download it from the Internet. Do not even download it from the homepage of the software itself!

Use the Ubuntu package manager to install software.

Code:
    sudo aptitude install kdevelop
    Please see: https://help.ubuntu.com/6.10/ubuntu/...lications.html and make sure you understand as much of that as possible.
    Last edited by lnostdal; March 30th, 2007 at 04:04 PM.

Beans

But Ubuntu now is not available for Kdevelop, so I can't find that package to add it. Is there any package like that? And what's it's name?

Beans

i do not understand what you are saying .. if aptitude is unable to find a package named `kdevelop' you need to enable the universe-repositories: https://help.ubuntu.com/6.10/ubuntu/...ositories.html because that is where `kdevelop' is

root@ibmr52:~# aptitude show kdevelop
    Package: kdevelop
    State: installed
    Automatically installed: no
    Version: 4:3.4.0-0ubuntu3
    Priority: optional
    Section: universe/kde

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lnostdal View Post
    i do not understand what you are saying .. if aptitude is unable to find a package named `kdevelop' you need to enable the universe-repositories: https://help.ubuntu.com/6.10/ubuntu/...ositories.html because that is where `kdevelop' is

root@ibmr52:~# aptitude show kdevelop
    Package: kdevelop
    State: installed
    Automatically installed: no
    Version: 4:3.4.0-0ubuntu3
    Priority: optional
    Section: universe/kde
    Because my English is not well. I'm using Ubuntu 6.06 LTS. When I go to Add/Remove, I search KDevelop package, it result that "Could not found" that package. I search it in the update package but not see it.

Beans

alright .. try to use synaptic or aptitude when searching for it

synaptic is found in the menus: System -> Administration -> Synaptic Package Manager

aptitude is used from the terminal, for instance: sudo aptitude search kdevelop

..if it isn't in the repositories (you cannot find it), you need to enable universe as described in the link i gave you.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lnostdal View Post
    alright .. try to use synaptic or aptitude when searching for it

synaptic is found in the menus: System -> Administration -> Synaptic Package Manager

aptitude is used from the terminal, for instance: sudo aptitude search kdevelop

..if it isn't in the repositories (you cannot find it), you need to enable universe as described in the link i gave you.
    Thanks u. I've done. It's working.