Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253

Thread: Help me make a free 'buntu emag...

Beans

Re: Help me make a free 'buntu emag...

i made an account for the wiki and i deleted the news report i wrote about cedega. i hope this is ok with you people. i did this because i wrote it in a poor manner and because i got a few of the facts about cedega and transgaming industries wrong. i read my article a few times and i saw it resembled an advertisment too much - although that wasn't intended. sorry for the mix up.

if you still want the news report to be in the mag, tell me and i'll copy and paste it there again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I just had a thought. Should we keep the forums on the site or should we request a forum on ubuntuforums?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

as i mentioned on the fullcircle site, we're still a relatively unknown publication so i'm not so sure we'd get a sub-forum until we've released at least a few issues...
    Ronnie
    Editor, Full Circle - The FREE Independent Magazine for the Ubuntu Community
    Official Ubuntu Member | Registered Linux User # 456627 | Registered Ubuntu User # 18227

Beans

hi there!
    i've written a post on the forums on fullcirclemagazine. i have a few suggestions and i ask all those who are involved in this project to go take a look and have their saying. here is the link.
    cheers!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

just want to thank everyone for all the help in making #0 come alive.

From now on, all full circle discussions will be on our own forum:
    http://www.fullcirclemagazine.org/phpBB2/index.php

Sometime near the end of May you'll see another post announcing the release of issue #1

see you on the other side!
    Ronnie
    Editor, Full Circle - The FREE Independent Magazine for the Ubuntu Community
    Official Ubuntu Member | Registered Linux User # 456627 | Registered Ubuntu User # 18227

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

This thread could be locked now. A pont of note, there are new forums and a revamped website as the original was not up to it. You can find the new site and forums (forums specific to the magazine) at http://fullcirclemagazine.org/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

lock it! quick, now!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ronniet View Post
    ok, since the post here seems to be dying a death, I thought i'd pick up the gauntlet and offer to do a free emag...

I was thinking about starting up a free emag on the 'buntu family of distro's a while back. I have some spare server space and don't mind spending some pennies on a .org name.

Are there enough people willing to write though?
    How about a show of hands?

I've done magazine/brochure stuff in the past using Windows and Adobe InDesign but since i'm now Windows free it'd probably be done in OpenOffice and exported as a PDF (don't really have the time to learn Scribe, and last time i used it it was really buggy). I'd be more than willing to do the web site and the layout of the mag, and help write stuff... lyceum has volunteered so far for Gimp/Blender articles.

I was thinking (like someone suggested in another art related thread) that it'd be mostly comprised of How-To's, with plenty of screenshots, it'd have some news but most people read the forums for news and by the time the mag came out the news would be old. Take info from some of the mailing list stuff and put that in there too (since most people probably don't subscribe to the mailing lists) which would almost serve as a Q&A section. Try and get interviews with people in the 'buntu scene; programmers, artists and so on...

I'm quite sure if we bashed heads we could get a nice list of contents to fill each month...

First thing i'd say is a name, with that I could get a quick website up, and most ideas/discussions for it could move to its custom site, save clogging this place up with magazine stuff... hm?

Waddya say people?... you up for it?

If you want to help with the emag, please see the website for details
    I would love to write for the emag. PM me if interested.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Closing the 6 year old thread ...
    Forum Social IRC Channel
    Xubuntu IRC Support
    Xubuntu Support

Please do not PM me about Registration issues without having been asked to. I will tell you to post here

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.

Closed

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253