Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: install Windows in Ubuntu Hoary for free

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Howto: install Windows in Ubuntu Hoary for free

Quote Originally Posted by trinaryouroboros
    Ughck...it's a hanging deathtrap it is...my head is pounding, I'm going to sleep finally. I tried everything but reformatting and starting the whole silly OS from scratch.

started a brand new source directory, root only.

new commands used this round :

./configure --target-list=x86_64-softmmu --enable-adlib --cc=gcc-3.4 --host-cc=gcc-3.4

Now even with this beefcake, I still get the same weird "not found" message as mentioned previous.

Upon make clean from ./kqemu dir, I notice that the file in question gets rm'd ... soooo yeah. The thing gets rm'd, and make doesn't find the file...then somehow magically creates it after the fact it couldn't find the silly .c output module. Bah!

On a whim, I did touch kqemu/kqemu.mod.c, plus chgrp/chmod'd it up, and now instead of kqemu.mod.c being "not found" - make does :

"Warning: could not open /home/ouroboros/source/qemu-0.7.2/kqemu/kqemu.mod.c: Success"

What in the nuggets of the backside is it saying "Success" for?!

Foiled again!

I tried at some points to force the linux-headers-2.6.10-5-amd64-xeon stuff to stick to gcc-3.4 only...boy was that useless.

I also tried from scratch using chgrp root, and chown 755, chown 777 on the file, etc...g'nite.

What user are you running make from? Have you tried as root? Can it be that make clean mess up the files and that you need to unpack the files again

I have to add that I never had any such problems, but I never tried the 0.7.2.
    Fredrik Lunde | Vergic AB
    www.vergic.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi
    does anyone know how i can configure smb shares for win 98.
    i managed to get smb for win 2000 but can't fint how to configure it for win 98
    Well it is the same setup but the only difference i think is win98 does not support spaces in the shares names.
    Registered Linux User #403575
    --------------------------------------
    Never limit your options, keep an open mind after all that is
    why were part of the Ubuntu community!

Thanks,
    LinuxWiz83

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Question Re: Howto: install Windows in Ubuntu Hoary for free

Quote Originally Posted by Lunde
    What user are you running make from? Have you tried as root? Can it be that make clean mess up the files and that you need to unpack the files again

I have to add that I never had any such problems, but I never tried the 0.7.2.
    I was running as root only. I've tried unpacking / starting from scratch several times with little success.

I think I'm dropping the project with 0.7.2 and trying just 0.7.0 instead, we'll see what happens - but, I can't seem to find the tars out there. Could someone possibly give me a link or send them via email to theallisone @ gmail.com ?

Much appreciated!
    -Shawn Q {64-bit...like Atari Jaguar?}
    MSI K9A2 Platinum 790FX;Phenom 9600;G.Skill 4x2GB DDR2 1066;2x Radeon HD 4800 series;Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1000
    "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."-Wyrm by Mark Fabi

Beans

I was running as root only. I've tried unpacking / starting from scratch several times with little success.

I think I'm dropping the project with 0.7.2 and trying just 0.7.0 instead, we'll see what happens - but, I can't seem to find the tars out there. Could someone possibly give me a link or send them via email to theallisone @ gmail.com ?

Much appreciated!
    if you have some extra space why not install ubuntu in that space and try there.
    maybe something you have alreay done is effecting your install

Beans
    Distro

Lightbulb Re: Howto: install Windows in Ubuntu Hoary for free

if you have some extra space why not install ubuntu in that space and try there.
    maybe something you have alreay done is effecting your install

Probably...my usual linux space tends to look very similar to my actual space - cluttered, unorganized, and deadly if left alone for too long...

MSI K9A2 Platinum 790FX;Phenom 9600;G.Skill 4x2GB DDR2 1066;2x Radeon HD 4800 series;Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1000

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Much appreciated!
    I may have them on one of my disks at home, I'll check this a bit later and upload them to my server if I can find them
    www.vergic.com

Beans
    Distro

Thumbs up Re: Howto: install Windows in Ubuntu Hoary for free

Quote Originally Posted by Lunde
    I may have them on one of my disks at home, I'll check this a bit later and upload them to my server if I can find them
    That would be awesome. Else, I can give you an ftp account if you so desire.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by barmaley
    Hallo, guys!
    1st of all thank you for this great guide.
    2nd of all - HEEEEEEEEELP!
    I failed to install win2k for a couple of days already and it drives me crazy. I really need windows on my comp to run OriginLab, Shadow ray tracing and sometimes for MS Word and IE.
    The problem is that win2k installation goes smoothely up to a point where it says:

"The disk space on C: is insufficient for the components that are currently selected. You will need to change your component selections".

From this point I don't know what to do. I created an image of 3.5G, should be enough. For installation I use:
    qemu -hda win2k.img -cdrom /dev/cdrom -boot d -m 256
    After reboot I type 'c' instead of 'd'.
    Does anybody know what can be done?
    Thank you in advance.
    Code:
    -win2k-hack
    this is the parameter to avoid the disk full error.
    i don;t know if this has been answered since i can't be bottheredto check
    just thougth i'd let you know.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

That would be awesome. Else, I can give you an ftp account if you so desire.
    http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/qemu-0.7.0.tar.gz

..It was just to change the version number at the end
    www.vergic.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Code:
    -win2k-hack
    this is the parameter to avoid the disk full error.
    i don;t know if this has been answered since i can't be bottheredto check
    just thougth i'd let you know.
    above quote is is so true.. and in addition to the ansvere from kakashi, I worked around a similar issue by formatting the drive first and have the win installer change it to ntfs.
    www.vergic.com

Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast