View Poll Results: Will you upgrade to stable Feisty as soon as it is released?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

114 78.08%
  • No

15 10.27%
  • Maybe

17 11.64%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you Adopting Feisty as soon as it is released?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Are you Adopting Feisty as soon as it is released?

How many of you are going to install Feisty as soon as the the stable version hits? This is the place to let everyone know. If there are specific reasons why you will or won't adopt it, let's talk about it!
    - Bret
    Pennsylvania LoCo Team Contact
    http://breadthofreality.blogspot.com

Beans

Re: Are you Adopting Feisty as soon as it is released?

Assuming it has a different kernel, I'll upgrade to solve the NFS bug that seems to be plaguing the 2.6.17-11-generic kernel in 6.10. If that kernel bug weren't around or if a new kernel becomes available, I won't upgrade. Upgrading every few months is bothersome when you have 100 or so computers to admin.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I will be upgrading, mainly because I am hoping it will give me my wireless internet back, which I lost and have been unable to get back since updating Edgy.

Besides I like playing with new toys every few months or so, it prevents my computer from being a boring work machine.
    Registered Linux User #410625
    Registered Ubuntu User #10656
    Join the Revolution!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bfledderjohn View Post
    How many of you are going to install Feisty as soon as the the stable version hits? This is the place to let everyone know. If there are specific reasons why you will or won't adopt it, let's talk about it!
    I already have.

Really, it isn't that big of a deal. It's been stable for me when I installed it as Herd 5, which reminds me that I need to do some updates.

I've noticed many people that are into Ubuntu at all upgrade before it hits the 'stable'/final release.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I won't do it.... I just won't.... Seems that every time I update as soon as a new version comes out, something horrible, catastrophic, happens.....
    So I guess I'll just wait and see.....

Beans

I'm running the beta now and I'm happy with it. I really appreciate the better wireless network management. Most of the rest is, in my view, nice incremental improvement.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I just upgraded one of my laptops to Feisty beta. It seems like everything went well. If anything goes wonky, I'll post it here.

I'll try upgrading the other laptop tonight. I will still hold off on the desktop for a bit.

Bret
    - Bret
    Pennsylvania LoCo Team Contact
    http://breadthofreality.blogspot.com

Beans
    Hidden!

I've been running feisty for the last several months, aside from a few issues its been stable for me the entire time. As far as the kernel goes, I'm running 2.6.20-13

Beans

I like feisty, its a little slower than Edgy but i expect that as its still in beta stages. It does have a few more great config tools, i like the way my 3D excellerated drivers work out the box with a few simple click. Compiz is easy to get working. But the theme again is still a little boring and the Gnome menu bars could do with a little improving, in my opinion.

Can't wait for the final release of this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I'll wait until I have a reason to upgrade. Going from Dapper to Edgy proved problematic, and one of my computers is still on Dapper because I never found Edgy to be reliable with RAID and LVM. So far, I'm not aware of any must-haves offered by Feisty and not Edgy, and I don't want to spend time messing with an upgrade when everything works well enough now. It looks like Feisty will be easier to configure than past versions, but since my systems are already configured the way I want them, it would seem silly to upgrade because it will be easy to get back to where I already was.

When I do upgrade, I'll do so on a different partition than my primary one, so if there are any problems, I'll just have to adjust grub to revert to my stable partition. I've learned my lesson about upgrading too quickly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast