Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Alabama LoCo forums

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Welcome to the Alabama LoCo forums

Hello, fellow Alabama Ubuntu user here, been using Linux around ten years now (spent most of them trying to get rid of Windows once and for all -- but I've succeeded!). Alabaster area, but currently sort of jobless at the moment (frustrated sysadmin/developer who can't get a break).

Just trying to spread the word about Linux and Ubuntu in the meantime...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Welcome Stephen.

We are always looking for linux veterans for our group. Please look around and help in anyway that you feel. We have a mailing list and IRC channel that most of us frequent.

I am in California until next week for my sister's wedding, but will be back on wednesday.

Enjoy your stay.
    Michael
    Michael Ramm, GSEC
    The 1-Man IT Department | Ubuntu User #16666 | Linux User #451972
    AlabamaTeam LoCo: Forums | Wiki | Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

wow didn't now this was here and am glad it is!
    i have basically just started using Ubuntu (or for that matter linux its self)
    because Window$ crashed and it wouldn't boot and i was sick and tired of it! i have been using Ubuntu for a month or so now I'm loving it so much more than xp or vista and am glad to know there is a local forum gathering for it.
    BTW I'm from Daleville,AL
    (desktop)OC'd 3.9Ghz Sempron 140 unlocked to dual-core Athlon II, 150GB Hard Drive, 320GB Hard Drive, 3GB Ram, ATI HD3450 256mb GPU.

Beans
    Hidden!

Thanks for joining us! Deep south Alabama I see. So have you convinced any of your friends for make the switch?
    You can find lots of help around here, the irc channel and the mailing list.
    We are planning a big even in August here in Birmingham so stay tuned and I'll keep everyone posted on the planning of that.
    Alabama LoCo

Don't just use Linux, Learn Linux please refer to Proper Documentation. http://wiki.ubuntu.com http://doc.gwos.org http://ubuntuguide.org

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

i have a friend who i'm going to try to convince to make the switch this summer.
    he live her in Alabama during the summer and in Ohio during school time.
    hopefully i can convince him to switch over and use wine he is a PC gamer i think almost all his games work with wine.
    theres a few others i am going to try to convince to switch one has a old computer wait till i show him how to make it fly!
    (desktop)OC'd 3.9Ghz Sempron 140 unlocked to dual-core Athlon II, 150GB Hard Drive, 320GB Hard Drive, 3GB Ram, ATI HD3450 256mb GPU.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Hey guys. Just found out about the Alabama LoCo the other day while perusing the IRC channels. I have been using Linux since '04 and using Ubuntu exclusively since around '06. Anyway, glad to meet up with you guys. I make my home up in Madison but hopefully if there are some install fests or meetups I could make them.

Later

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Hey there! It's nice to see other Ubuntu users here in Alabama! I'm in Troy, Pike County. I've only been using Ubuntu exclusively for about 4 months now, so I am no expert by any means. I have, however, learned to love it though! I have just applied for AL LoCo membership. I hope that eventually, just as Ubuntu is a global endeavor, it will be just as at home in the south as chitlins!
    Thinkpad T430, Intel i5-3320M (Ivy), 8GB RAM, Intel HD 4000, 500GB HDD: Xubuntu 20.04 LTS 64bit

Beans

The AL LoCo IRC channel appears to be mostly dead. Last announced IRC meetup was planned for January of this year. We need to see if the LoCo leadership is still around.

Beans

Smile Re: Welcome to the Alabama LoCo forums

Reside in Cullman, Al. Would like to become more active in promotion of Ubuntu/Linux.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I can say I am surprised to find others interested in Ubuntu in Alabama.
    Does anyone know the release schedules for Ubuntu because I want to put it on one of my boxes here to get the hang of it and I would prefer to start with the latest. I have 9.04 now but haven't installed it yet.
    I hope to get comfortable enough with it to get it on a few friends boxes.

Thanks in advance to all!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast