Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: How-To: install pSX on AMD64

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: How-To: install pSX on AMD64

I tried uninstalling everything (as per this thread) and reinstalling again with the .deb for intrepid amd64. I've already removed pulseaudio.

Code:
    ~$ cd /usr/local/games/psx32/
    /usr/local/games/psx32$ ./pSX
    Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module": /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/modules/libcanberra-gtk-module.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    sound: underrun
    Code:
    /usr/local/games/psx32$ sudo ./pSX
    Neither running it normally or with sudo fixed the flickering, otherwise both work fine. Vsync seems to be the only thing that reduces the flickering, but not by much.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by amor0fati View Post
    I got pSX32 working nearly perfectly on Jaunty simply by installing from the .deb's posted for intrepid in this thread, apart from a good deal of flickering making it almost unplayable. Vsync didn't fix this, either. I can't seem to find much info about this apart from the fact that others sometimes have this problem too.

Also, I can't seem to find how to get it in full-screen (I was hoping that might remedy the flickering as a temporary solution). I can configure the resolution for full screen but can't see an option to actually use it.
    OK..so I have been tinkering with this and am having the same flickering problem.

I had psx32 working perfect in Intrepid. I did a dpkg-repack of my installation, as I wanted to reconfig my partitions before installing Jaunty. I reformatted and partitioned my drives and did a fresh install of JJ. Using the .deb file that was packed for my configuration, I am now getting this annoying flicker. Once again...i have absolutely no hardware changes. This makes me think that the problem lies in Jaunty itself.

So a little more experimentation and I have found this interesting phenomena. When pSX is the active window the screen flickers. If another window is brought to front, the graphics bleed through perfect.

I'm not sure where to go from here. Any direction would be welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dfreer View Post
    I would really appreciate some feedback on this, as I only run Ubuntu Hardy/Intrepid through Live CD's:

I believe this will solve the problems for most people unable to launch pSX in Ubuntu Hardy/Intrepid. Try the following packages and see if they work for you in Ubuntu Hardy/Intrepid 32-bit/64-bit. If you don't feel like installing a new package, all I did was add a script to stop pulseaudio, launch pSX, then start pulseaudio once pSX is done running. Rather simple solution that I should have thought of back when Hardy was released, thanks for the help everyone!

Here's the content of the script:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    # A script to disable pulseaudio, run pSX, then renable pulseaudio

gksu /etc/init.d/pulseaudio stop
    sleep 1
    gksu killall pulseaudio         # Forcefully ends pulseaudio if still running
    sleep 1
    exec /usr/local/games/psx/pSX
    sleep 1
    gksu /etc/init.d/pulseaudio start
    Will be updating the repository and the front page ASAP, thanks a lot everyone!
    Help, this still segfault in both jaunty and karmic !!

HELP !!

Cygoku

Beans

Getting this error all the time in my AMD64 Xubuntu Karmic :

./pSX: error while loading shared libraries: libgtkglext-x11-1.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Still segfaulting.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

i keep getting a file not found error installing psx and i just want to get ff7 working on a ps1 emulator is there one that will work with open gl that is easier to install or is there someone who can help me cause ive gone through this whole thread n cant seem to make it happen plz help

Beans

sorry im getting a headache reading this thread just sumurize in one post what do i do to compile this stupid file

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by octesian View Post
    Still segfaulting.
    I too was segfaulting, however I jumped from segmentation faults to 'resource busy' to pulseaudio issues. I removed pulseaidio, which caused nothing but seg faults.

What actually made psx work besides removing pulseaudio was downgrading ia32-libs. I remembered initially that karmic had trouble with psx because of ia32-libs, same with lucid.
    Once I downgraded to ia32-libs_2.7ubuntu6.1_amd64.deb and removed pulseaudio, psx finally worked.

My issue now is how lousy the sound is from psx (with a lot of sound: underrun). Could be esound, could be the acceleration of the graphic drivers, could be anything.
    Last edited by natking24; May 1st, 2010 at 01:13 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

To all 64-bit users bashing their brains in trying to get PSX emulation to work - the thread's OP told me his methods won't work in newer versions of Ubuntu. My solution is to go get "PCSX Reloaded", which is designed for 64-bit and is based on PCSX itself. Worked immediately for me and runs perfect with very little tinkering necessary (though you can do so if you wish and it's all GUI-based).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Edit: I got PCSX-R working, but so far I have yet to get a game working perfectly, even trying to use both the built in BIOS and the actual PSX bios. Final Fantasy tactics stops receiving commands from my controller when the first battle starts. I'm able to navigate the menus, close speech bubbles and everything, but as soon as the battle actually starts I'm stuck like chuck. Metal Gear Solid disc 1 won't go past the opening logo unless I turn off the frame limiter, and then it runs stupidly fast. Crash Bandicoot Warped has my guy constantly running to one side for some reason, even though I "know" the controller is configured properly. I'm going to try and get PSX working on my 64 bit system.
    Last edited by gerowen; May 8th, 2010 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Found out PCSX-R is broke
    "Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    -- Mark Twain

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast