Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: How-To: install pSX on AMD64

Beans

Re: How-To: install pSX on AMD64

@babets
    I'm going to put a notice on the front page of this thread linking to the pSX thread about this issue. This is definitely not something I can help out with, other than to make new packages of lib32gtkglext1 or psx32 (if the segmentation fault is fixed in later versions). Thanks for posting, and hope it works out for you!

Beans

Running Gutsy Beta here and having a problem (though probably because I'm using a Feisty repo), I cannot install psx32 because when it tries to install lib32gtkglext1_1.0.6-1.5_amd64.deb it exits because ia32-libs-gtkglext1_1.0.6-1.2_amd64.deb contains the same exact libgdkglext-x11-1.0.so.0.2.4 file inside of it and it will not overwrite. Is there any way I can edit the deb file for psx32 so that it doesn't require lib32gtkglext1_1.0.6-1.5_amd64.deb at all since I already have the required lib?

Beans

Well, you can certainly edit the .deb file, the dependency is listed in the control file. Or, since that is really the only dependency, you might as well just download the latest version from pSX website.
    I'm more interested in your dependency conflict. Both of those packages you mentioned look like they game from my website. ia32-libs-gtkglext1 was an older name for the package, before I changed it to lib32gtkglext1. They both contain the exact same files, so yes there would be a conflict.
    A normal sudo apt-get install psx32 shouldn't have pulled the ia32-libs-gtkglext1 file, so I'm kinda curious as to why it's even on your system.

I'm in the process of getting a gutsy repo up, as soon as everything is tested throughly.

Beans

ZSNES32 I believe. It has ia32-libs as a dependency, which I assume installs all IA.32 libraries
    Last edited by Mochtroid-X; September 28th, 2007 at 05:39 AM.

Beans

Anybody know why when I run pscx, it just locks up and nothing happens.

At least from the one from ubuntu, it ran but I couldnt save.

I too am running final fantasy tactics.

Beans

I don't, but I do know that pSX runs tactics just fine

Beans

Just to let people know, there is a gutsy repository now, with (hopefully) clean and mistake-free packages!

Also, to fufill a promise I made myself when I first started this project...

My pSX packages no longer use that ugly playstation logo that I shamelessly ripped off of a playstation fan site.
    Now, my pSX packages feature a nice looking playstation image that I shamelessly ripped from the official pSX windows .exe!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Mochtroid-X View Post
    ZSNES32 I believe. It has ia32-libs as a dependency, which I assume installs all IA.32 libraries
    Took me a while to realize I missed this post. A 32-bit version of gtkglext1 hasn't been repackaged for AMD64 upstream, which means it probably came from me. ia32-libs wouldn't have installed it, although I very well could've messed up a dependency on an earlier version of zsnes32.

In any case, updating to the latest package should resolve all issues, as feisty and gutsy have proper dependencies now.

EDIT: I know I triple-posted, but it's my thread and I don't care!

Beans

I am having a lot of trouble getting this to work for me. No matter how I configure the frontend when I click "run psx" it doesnt do anything. I have tried using different bios, I dont have any of the switches checked, Under the BASIC tab I have "pSX : /usr/bin/psx " and "Disc : location of my img file" and a save location for memory card 1.

Also, when I run the psx command in the terminal i get this : "(psx:17882): GdkGLExt-WARNING **: Window system doesn't support OpenGL."

What am I doing wrong?

Beans

Try changing your path to /usr/local/games/psx/pSX instead of /usr/bin/psx. It shouldn't make a difference, but it won't hurt any either. But of course, if psx isn't working the psxfrontend won't launch it correctly, so let's look into that:

Doing some google footwork:
    http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/a...ly/000492.html
    http://www.unixadmintalk.com/f41/gna...-usable-19055/
    http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.lin....spanish/19636

confirms to me, that you just need to install your video card drivers correctly, and make sure the "glx" module is being loaded in your xorg.conf. There are plenty of guides on how to do this, but I'm willing to help out if you can tell me what video card you are currently using, and the contents of your /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast