Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu Muslim Edition

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Ubuntu Muslim Edition

Doesn't sound like "guessing". Sounds like anti-Christian propaganda. Your tagline (Only knowledge will set you free) seems strangely contradictory when you spout elitist rhetoric that demands a significant part of humanity must hide their knowledge and suppress their truth. You might find the original version of your tagline interesting. Jesus said, "You shall know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." I suggest you look personally into the truth. You might be surprised at what you find.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. Jim Eliot

Beans

Talking Re: Ubuntu Muslim Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Eutaw View Post
    Doesn't sound like "guessing". Sounds like anti-Christian propaganda.
    I was born as a Roman Catholic. So...

Your tagline (Only knowledge will set you free) seems strangely contradictory when you spout elitist rhetoric that demands a significant part of humanity must hide their knowledge and suppress their truth.
    Suppress their truth ? How ? When I say faith was mixed with war ? How dare you rewriting history ?

You might find the original version of your tagline interesting. Jesus said, "You shall know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." I suggest you look personally into the truth. You might be surprised at what you find.
    You should read "1984" written in 1948 by George Orwell.

And you will REALLY understand my signature. George Orwell wrote :

"War is peace ; freedom is slavery ; ignorance is strength".
    Only knowledge will set you free.
    Ubuntu user #3088
    Using Linux-only PC powered since december 2004, Ubuntu user since june 2006.
    Acer Laptop 5520g / Ubuntu 9.04 - AMD64.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

It's not re-writing history. I don't deny that crimes have been committed in the name of the church, but that is a straw man. Crimes were committed by Hitler in the name of Darwin, by Stalin in the name of Marx. It doesn't mean those men approved that use of their philosophy. Neither would Christ approve much of what is done in His Name, but that doesn't change His life-changing power nor make Him less of a Saviour. Nor do those crimes negate the value to His followers of software that they can use, which is where this discussion started. I'm still not sure why you would object to the presence of this distro. I'm not sure even you know, but I suspect it has a spiritual rather than intellectual basis. I'll be praying for you.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. Jim Eliot

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Eutaw View Post
    It's not re-writing history. I don't deny that crimes have been committed in the name of the church, but that is a straw man. Crimes were committed by Hitler in the name of Darwin
    Don't forget Hitler went to power using a catholic political party. And that in history, christians killed jewish by dozen.

by Stalin in the name of Marx. It doesn't mean those men approved that use of their philosophy. Neither would Christ approve much of what is done in His Name, but that doesn't change His life-changing power nor make Him less of a Saviour.
    Saviour for what ? Does original sin exists ? Or was the part of the genesis text a process to explain why human die ?

Nor do those crimes negate the value to His followers of software that they can use, which is where this discussion started. I'm still not sure why you would object to the presence of this distro.
    Because it is in some way useless and a censoring tool ? Censoring in order to follow the "faith" of some people.

I'm not sure even you know, but I suspect it has a spiritual rather than intellectual basis. I'll be praying for you.
    Don't waste your time for me. Use it for yourself. I did not believe in anything. That makes me an adult.

Have a good day, anyway.
    Ubuntu user #3088

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

It's my time, and it isn't wasted. I pray that the Lord will give you a hunger and thirst for Him, and that you will find in Him an ever-present help in time of trouble. pm me if you would like a private discussion on the reasons I believe.

Beans

Waste your time if you want. Believes are nothing more than electrical links in our brain.

Pray the void if it pleases you. Why do believers think they always right ? Fear of being wrong ?

Well, anyway, you're free to believe in something that only exist in your mind if you want.

Have a good day. I only hope that you'll ever read anything different than gospels.
    Ubuntu user #3088

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Just so you know, Fred, while I may not be the most educated man in the world, I do have a college education and 30 years working in civil engineering/land surveying. I've read Orwell. Didn't care for his cynical worldview. As far as faith, we are indeed hard-wired to believe by a Master Designer, yet it is somehow still our choice to believe or not.
    I hope you'll try reading the Gospels. They've stood the test of time, and whether you believe or not they have influenced every culture for 2,000 years. They have something valuable to say to you.
    Bon chance, mon ami.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

You may be interested in this blog...I respect the right of anyones religion, but am tired of trying to be converted. (not that this is the point of ubuntu ME or any other religious-based ubuntu)

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...endID=92657828

Edit: I think I will start Ubuntu Atheist Edition

Nah, what a waste of time...
    A computer allows you to make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Beans

Question Re: Ubuntu Muslim Edition

Whats the point of having "Muslim Edition"? Wouldn't the localized versions for arabic, farsi, etc... provide all the language needs of a Muslim user the same way french, italian, or whatever woudl provide for a catholic user? Is a Muslim edition going to quote sutras from teh Koran to you every time you log in or have a desktop background of Mecca?

Honestly - what's the point?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by Bytor View Post
    Whats the point of having "Muslim Edition"? Wouldn't the localized versions for arabic, farsi, etc... provide all the language needs of a Muslim user the same way french, italian, or whatever woudl provide for a catholic user? Is a Muslim edition going to quote sutras from teh Koran to you every time you log in or have a desktop background of Mecca?

Honestly - what's the point?
    Same point as they have any other editions of ubuntu, Hobby maybe, some spare time, contributions to community. If it helps people so be it.
    BTW, believe in nothing is some form of believe too. We are all believer of what we believe.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast