Thread: DRC-bible module

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

DRC-bible module

From where I can remove DRC bible module, if I try it through gnome sword or bibletime it still stays, so fastly tought it is put in somewhere in code itself, also it is not the original state when delivering Gnomesword or Bibletime that drc module would come as permanent not allowed to remove if individual wants to have different translations. even when using bible desktop it bumps there so it is inbuilt somewhere inside Ubuntu_ce itself or am I wrong?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: DRC-bible module

Quote Originally Posted by anv View Post
    From where I can remove DRC bible module, if I try it through gnome sword or bibletime it still stays, so fastly tought it is put in somewhere in code itself, also it is not the original state when delivering Gnomesword or Bibletime that drc module would come as permanent not allowed to remove if individual wants to have different translations. even when using bible desktop it bumps there so it is inbuilt somewhere inside Ubuntu_ce itself or am I wrong?
    You can do this:

Code:
    sudo rm -rf "/usr/share/sword/modules/texts/ztext/drc"
    sudo rm -rf "/usr/share/sword/mods.d/drc.conf"
    Jereme

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I let it be, because it is possible so easily to remove.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by anv View Post
    Why do you wish to remove the only real bible included with bibletime? Are you a heretical protestant? Has the module become damaged?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by califman831;
    Why do you wish to remove the only real bible included with bibletime?
    Why are you claiming it is the only real Bible included in BibleTime. (It obviously isn't due to content.)

jonathon
    And now I bend the knee of my heart,
    Imploring you for your kindness.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Apart from the rather silly comment above about heretics and "real bibles" following:

If you installed the module with synaptic then you need to remove it with synaptic. It is impossible to remove it as a normal user with the help of the module manager.

If you follow the advice of removing it by hand - you create yourself a bigger problem as the .deb package which installed this bible module will now be broken. Not good.

Cheers