Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Canon PIXMA IP4000 drivers

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Canon PIXMA IP4000 drivers

Ubuntu 7.04 - AMD64

I just installed the printer inside CUPS - no rpms, deb or anything else installed. And it works! Even duplex printing!

However, i do not have the Canon job program - I can't see the inkt levels (or can I somewhere?).

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by paris_m_;197339
    [url
    http://www.linuxprinting.org/forums.cgi?group=linuxprinting.canon.general[/url]
    I clicked that link and now i have some kind of virus that avg cannot fix...

Beans

Unhappy Re: HOWTO: Canon PIXMA IP4000 drivers

Sorry friends, I do not know exactly how to post a question to the forum, therefore if this my question is not pertinent to this page forgive me. My problem is that I have a Canon PIXMA iP3000, and when I print files with INKSCAPE, it will only print TEN copy of the same file, then I have to reboot the system to print another Ten pages of the same file. Is anyone having a solution to this problem?
    Thank you so much folks.

Giacomo

Beans

your question seems fine. My first suggestion would be for you to check the printer's system wide properties by clicking the menu system -> adiminstration -> printing. a box will come up with the installed printers. right click on the canon and click on properties. you can then see all the default settings that you have. Second, i would try printing with another program and seeing if it prints 10 copies. that would narrow it down to inkscape or not.

One solution might be to install CUPS-PDF driver and print to pdf and then from the pdf to the printer.

Good luck!

Beans

Hi,
    I have a pixma ip4000 on ubuntu 7.04, everything went fine during the install you showed. The printer is installed but it wont print anything, I know when i was in windows the color on some of the ink was running out. Maybe linux wont let me print because of that?
    Wont let me do the test page or anything, just holds the jobs in the queue. Any Ideas?

thanks

Beans

Was about to start following this thread and I am glad I connected my printer first. Like maddentim, I just connected the the usb printer and it was detected and set up following the dialogue. Printing ok with two-sided printing fine.

Good luck
    Last edited by dubnde; March 29th, 2008 at 01:37 PM.

Beans

I can get an IP8500 from someone, but I'm using Ubuntu 64bit. I suppose these drivers will not work, will they? And does anyone know if there are any driverss in cups for the 8500 yet?

Beans

you can download driver Canon Pixma Ip4100 here:
    http://support-vn.canon-asia.com/EN/...&menu=Download

Beans

now i use in school ubuntu 8.10 and have a pixma ip4000r with network connection.

i have succesful print a page using the port socket://ipaddress:9100

bye!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by logone View Post
    now i use in school ubuntu 8.10 and have a pixma ip4000r with network connection.

i have succesful print a page using the port socket://ipaddress:9100

bye!

I tried everything and then I tried the port socket://ipadress:9100 idea posted above. Worked like a charm for my ip4000. Thanks logone!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast