Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Canon PIXMA IP4000 drivers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: HOWTO: Canon PIXMA IP4000 drivers

Quote Originally Posted by maddentim View Post
    Hi - Hope someone still monitors this thread... I have Ubuntu 6.10 and have a ip3000. I follow (or at least tried to!) the nice instructions here. I have been able to get some stuff to print, but generally it hangs. The printer icon shows up by the clock and when I click on it i get the job list. On it I see my job but its status is "Stopped: job stopped". Any thoughts on what I have done wrong.

Tim
    see the link in the post above yours. there is also an ubuntu repository. much easier than trying to do this all from alien. i've been using these drivers for some months now.

but they don't work for dapper.

Beans

I just used the webinterface and it works! My IP4000 prints. However, one feature of the printer is not working: duplex printing. I like to use it, so my question: Has anybody managed to enable duplex printing? I enabled it using the CUPS webinterface, but the setting doesn't make a difference.

Update:
    I upgraded to CUPS 1.2.9, but that doesn't change anything: still no duplex printing...
    Last edited by ernstblaauw; March 18th, 2007 at 10:11 PM.

Beans
    Distro

duplex printing is unfortunately not supported with this driver build. sorry.

by the way, these drivers came from canon direct, so it's at least some progress on the manufacture front.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dmizer View Post
    duplex printing is unfortunately not supported with this driver build. sorry.

by the way, these drivers came from canon direct, so it's at least some progress on the manufacture front.
    Ah, that's good . Do they cooperate, or supply updates once in a while? Or did they release one driver and that's all? Hopefully, they will supply more updates (with duplex printing ), because I don't to start Windows for printing.
    If so, will I find a note in the changelog of CUPS? Or do I have to look somewhere else?

Beans
    Distro

your best bet is to install the driver as per the repository from takushi san's page mentioned back in post 49. i have already received updates from his repository. so if you've installed from source as suggested by the howto in this thread, you should uninstall and reinstall the correct driver as indicated in takushi san's page.

then, if there is an update that includes duplex printing, you will receive it via automatic updates in ubuntu.

that said, i wouldn't suggest holding your breath in anticicpation. the most recent update from canon on this driver set was may of 2006.

Beans

your best bet is to install the driver as per the repository from takushi san's page mentioned back in post 49. i have already received updates from his repository. so if you've installed from source as suggested by the howto in this thread, you should uninstall and reinstall the correct driver as indicated in takushi san's page.

then, if there is an update that includes duplex printing, you will receive it via automatic updates in ubuntu.

that said, i wouldn't suggest holding your breath in anticicpation. the most recent update from canon on this driver set was may of 2006.
    Ok. I see. However, there is no driver for the IP4000 on the link he posted. Which one do I need?

Beans
    Distro

as per the first post in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by paris_m_ View Post
    pixus ip3100 -> pixma ip3000
    pixus ip4100 -> pixma ip4000
    pixus ip8600 -> pixma ip8500
    so you would need to install the libcnbj-2.5 bjfilter-2.5 pstocanonbj packages, and use the driver for the ip4100

Beans

as per the first post in this thread:

so you would need to install the libcnbj-2.5 bjfilter-2.5 pstocanonbj packages, and use the driver for the ip4100
    I installed the drivers using the repository. However, when installing a new printer with CUPS, no new printers appear. I just have the same list as before installing the packages described at the site. I already restarted CUPS, but that doesn't make a difference. Do you know how I can use the new printer drivers?

Beans
    Distro

i assume the printer is connected to your computer via usb cable. if this is the case, try removing the cable and reconnecting it. then try to install your printer again.

Beans

I have been trying to install my Canon Pixma IP8500 and I have been following this guide.
    I get to 8. Setup Printer.
    I cannot find my printer in the driver list at all. I have manually pointed it to the ppd file in the USR folder and it still isn't on the list..
    Any idea's?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast