Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: HOWTO: Canon PIXMA IP4000 drivers

Quote Originally Posted by nbcthreat
    When I run

bjcups -P PIXUS-iP4100-Ver.2.50

I get

lpr: error - unable to access "PIXUS-iP4100-Ver.2.50" - No such file or directory

And yes, the name of the printer is correct.
    I've got the same problem with my iP3000 or at least a similar one.
    When I enter that command with the correct printer name bjcups seems to work, but after clicking "ok" I get that error message.
    Besides this printing sometimes works, sometimes not. I apsolutely don't understand when and why it works/doesn't work....
    Do you have an idea what's wrong?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by ichigo
    I've got the same problem with my iP3000 or at least a similar one.
    When I enter that command with the correct printer name bjcups seems to work, but after clicking "ok" I get that error message.
    Besides this printing sometimes works, sometimes not. I apsolutely don't understand when and why it works/doesn't work....
    Do you have an idea what's wrong?
    Same problem for me too with my 4100. Otherwise everything works great!
    Microsoft is not the answer.
    Microsoft is the question.
    NO (or Linux) is the answer.
    - source unknown

Beans

I have similar problems here. Sometimes I have to delete the printing jobs / Stop the printer or unplug and plug in the printer's USB cable. I use the cups web Adminstration frontend to do this http://<your_ip_where_cups_is_running>:631/printers/

Then printing on paper from cassete works.

Beans

Hi i also want to change it to cassette and when i tried going into the CUPS web administration it asks me for a username and password... Which username and password would i enter here?

Beans

I can't download any files at all from:
    wget ftp://download.canon.jp/pub/driver/b....50-2.i386.rpm ftp://download.canon.jp/pub/driver/b....50-2.i386.rpm ftp://download.canon.jp/pub/driver/b....50-2.i386.rpm

... I only got this answer that the files doesn't exist. Im running Breezy, and my printer is a ip4000. whats wrong? plz help !

Beans

I fixed to download the drivers! But I can rub Bjcups. I can open the app but when I have done some changed and klick "OK" I get the message: lpr: error - unable to access "PIXUS-iP4100-Ver.2.50" - Filen eller katalogen finns inte (last words are swedish). The problem for me is that i cant print from cassete. Is there anyone who can do that or run bjcups?

I can get printing to work...but my printing starts roughly halfway down the page instead of at the top. Does anyone know why this might be happening? (trying to print a document from openoffice writer)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

I've just installed this driver to use it for my Canon PIXMA iP4200, and the printer will actually print something..

But i think this driver is not good for my type, because the colors do not lign up.
    the prints are somewhat readable, but all different colors are shifted..

Too bad, i would have really liked to use my printer..

Beans

Thanks, it worked exactly as it's supposed to. I'm running gentoo, so I skipped the "alien" and "dpkg" steps and used "sudo rpm -ivh <package_name.rpm> --nodeps" instead. Worked like a charm.

Thanks,
    Joe

Beans

rpms gone

I've just installed Breezy on my parent's computer, and am trying to get thier printer working correctly (with the S800 gimp-print driver it works somewhat, but with a few quirks). They have an ip4000 with a sony viao pcv-rx550.

When using wget, it tells me the files can't be found. Are they moved somewhere else? Can somebody who's successfully downloaded and used them from this thread upload them?

Help me convert my parents to linux. Don't let thier chance slip away!

/me didn't have hardware troubles with his HP comp, printer, fan, or speakers.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast