View Poll Results: Where are you located in Pennsylvania?

Voters
282. You may not vote on this poll
  • Northeastern PA (Scranton, Allentown, East Stroudsburg)

44 15.60%
  • Southeastern PA (Philly area)

110 39.01%
  • Central PA (State College, Lewistown, Williamsport)

23 8.16%
  • South Central PA (Harrisburg, York, Lancaster)

41 14.54%
  • Western PA (Pittsburgh, Erie)

50 17.73%
  • Southwestern PA (Uniontown, Johnstown)

10 3.55%
  • Other

4 1.42%
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Welcome to the Pennsylvania LoCo Team!

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Pennsylvania LoCo Team!

Hello All! My name is TJ. Originally from Pittsburgh but now live up north in the Franklin/Rocky Grove area. I'm new to Ubuntu, but excited to learn more about it.

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Pennsylvania LoCo Team!

Hello, everyone! I'm the new system administrator at Pittsburgh Filmmakers. We hold media production classes, often in conjunction with local universities, and we offer a variety of resources to local artists and non-profit organizations. If any of you are familiar with local celebrities, I took over for Klaatu, who is now overseas working for a film studio that exclusively uses Linux for everything. Us, we're using Macs.

That may change, though. Certain individuals here, including our executive director, have expressed interest in exploring Linux and open source software as an alternative (or an addition) to OS X and proprietary software. I originally wanted to pitch openSUSE, my personal preference, but I found that the community support simply wasn't there, particularly when it comes to Mac-specific problems. I ended up deciding in favor of Ubuntu, not only because of the resources available but because, to my surprise, PowerPC builds are available. This will help us re-use PowerPC Macs that Apple has abandoned.

I'm looking forward to working together with others in the area who are interested in spreading the word about open source through Ubuntu. I also happen to be the chairman of the Western PA Linux Users Group (WPLUG), so whether you'd like to help me bring open source to the local art community or you just want to hang out with a bunch of fellow enthusiasts, feel free to drop me a line!

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324