Re: Hello Montana

Hi all, Missoula here.

WOOHOO!
    where do we find more of these?

nice to meet ya!

Beans

Hello from Butte. Been messing with Linux for some years now, but not much more than a novice. Just installed Ubuntu on a dual core AMD machine that I built over the winter. Pretty anti-climactic. It just worked. No bloodshed, no profanity, no command line. I go to the Helena LUG meetings most of the time, having grown up there. (Nice to visit mom once in a while). Just attended my first Bozeman LUG meeting this month. First contact with MSU computing since Xerox Sigma 7 and punch cards. TTFN

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by cfmcguire View Post
    Hello from Butte. Been messing with Linux for some years now, but not much more than a novice. Just installed Ubuntu on a dual core AMD machine that I built over the winter. Pretty anti-climactic. It just worked. No bloodshed, no profanity, no command line. I go to the Helena LUG meetings most of the time, having grown up there. (Nice to visit mom once in a while). Just attended my first Bozeman LUG meeting this month. First contact with MSU computing since Xerox Sigma 7 and punch cards. TTFN
    Welcome cfmcguire

Yea the Bozeman LUG is awesome. Hope to make to one of their meetings in the near future. We have a LUG in Helena as well, although it is not as active.

Feel free to come on by our irc (you will recognize some of the LUG group there as well).

freenode
    #ubuntu-montana
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I hail from Plentywood. Not new to linux, but new to Ubuntu, and new to Montana.

Hi everyone.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

awesome, welcome

Also welcome to any new users who saw the digg article as well ...
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Just adding myself to the list of Ubuntanans. Yoyoyo, from Zootown.

I managed to finally make the switch to Linux exclusively a little over a year ago, and switched to Ubuntu as my primary distro several months ago. Just made a new Dell Vostro 1700 laptop my pirmary hardware and have Feisty running nicely on it. Looking forward to meeting other Linux users in Missoula and around Montana.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

jsgarvin: Welcome, How are you liking that Dell ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi.zazen View Post
    jsgarvin: Welcome, How are you liking that Dell ?
    I had to jump through some hoops to get it all running, as I expected, but I'm quite satisfied at the moment. It's unfortunate that getting linux, even Ubuntu, running on newer hardware is still often a complex task and not for the faint of heart. I guess that's why we need local groups of activists willing to help those who are willing to take the plunge.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

hello from Billings. Just moved here from Scobey to goto college. I've been using Ubuntu for about 16 months, currently dual-booting it on a black macbook.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast