Thread: Replaceing gThumb icons. Help needed

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Replaceing gThumb icons. Help needed

I'm not a fan of default gThumb icons so I decided to change them. I managed to do this pretty well, but there are still 2 icons that I can't find anywhere. If someone knows where those icons are located, please tell me!

Here is my current gThumb and also those two icons pointed out.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Replaceing gThumb icons. Help needed

No one? Disappointed... I thought there is at least Tango theme or something for gThumb, but I guess I'm wrong. For me it's sometimes hard to understand why developers still use these icons from ironage. At the moment linux ain't sexy for sure. Too bad, because sex sells...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Laterix View Post
    I'm not a fan of default gThumb icons so I decided to change them. I managed to do this pretty well, but there are still 2 icons that I can't find anywhere. If someone knows where those icons are located, please tell me!

Here is my current gThumb and also those two icons pointed out.
    You really did good job customizing those theme,and your desktop looks nice.

Now i searched about 34.000 .png files and still i am not 100% sure that this is it but you can give it a try.
    This icon is small 16x16 pixels in /usr/share/pixmaps/gcon-editor/ icon name folder-open.png
    i don`t think this is but you never know.

Next /usr/share/themes/LargePrint/pixmaps
    names of the icons stock_index.png and stock_open.png

Please try this and let me know what happened,in the mean time i will try to search more.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by AlexR1 View Post
    You really did good job customizing those theme,and your desktop looks nice.
    Thanks

Now i searched about 34.000 .png files and still i am not 100% sure that this is it but you can give it a try.
    Wow, that's a lot of work, but those were not the icons. I have also looked pretty much everything and I can't find them. Maybe I have to live those ugly ones...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

It's almost like when you want to change the xmms/bmp/audacious icon, it's nowhere...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by Artificial Intelligence View Post
    It's almost like when you want to change the xmms/bmp/audacious icon, it's nowhere...
    I don't know about those, because I don't use music players on my laptop. What I know, is that I had to recompile gThumb to get those icons to work. gThumb uses it's own icons that are binded at the compile time. For some reason those two icons do not act the same way...