Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: green gnome

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

green gnome

hi all...

i was reading about the latest 2.18 gnome... and as i was lookin at the official screenshot, i fell in love - http://www.gnome.org/start/2.18/notes/en/

is there a green theme to match? i really like the brown,orange,red thing... but green would be a nice little improvement for my spring desktop

any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: green gnome

Quote Originally Posted by meborc View Post
    hi all...

i was reading about the latest 2.18 gnome... and as i was lookin at the official screenshot, i fell in love - http://www.gnome.org/start/2.18/notes/en/

is there a green theme to match? i really like the brown,orange,red thing... but green would be a nice little improvement for my spring desktop

any ideas?
    go to gnome-look.org and type in words such as "lime", "green", or "olive" into the search engine. then select the gtk-2.0 themes. at the moment, i'm using murrina-olive. that matches reasonably well.

Beans
    Distro

thanks... i have been to gnome-look, but what i'm looking for is a really simple gnome theme (without murrine engine)... i'll keep on looking though

Beans
    Distro

thanks... i have been to gnome-look, but what i'm looking for is a really simple gnome theme (without murrine engine)... i'll keep on looking though
    i'm not too sure what you mean by "simple". you say that you don't want to use the murrine theme engine, so what engines do you want the theme that you're ideally looking for to be based on?
    here are a few screenshots with various themes highlighted:

screenshot 1:
    gtk theme: Rainbow Colours Green Mid (my own theme)
    metacity: candido-selected
    icons: g-flat

screenshot 2:
    gtk: vicious apple
    metacity: candido-selected
    icons: snowish

screenshot 3:
    gtk: ubuntulooks-olive
    metacity: ubuntulooks-metacity
    icons: Human ultra green

do none of them appeal to you?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

hi all...

any ideas?
    It is a little bit of work, but you can take the normal theme and export it to your desk top. One at a time, open an icon in GIMP and got to Tool/Color Tool/Hue-saturation. Mess with the Hue link until it is the green you like. Remember the number on the right and you can just type that number into the rest of the icons. once you are done with all of them, open the zipped file and replace the folder inside with the exported folder with your new icons. When you do it yourself, you will be customizing at the highest level, so you know each is just what you want.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by lyceum View Post
    It is a little bit of work, but you can take the normal theme and export it to your desk top. One at a time, open an icon in GIMP and got to Tool/Color Tool/Hue-saturation. Mess with the Hue link until it is the green you like. Remember the number on the right and you can just type that number into the rest of the icons. once you are done with all of them, open the zipped file and replace the folder inside with the exported folder with your new icons. When you do it yourself, you will be customizing at the highest level, so you know each is just what you want.
    what icon themes would you be referring to there?

Beans
    Distro

Tango?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Here's my green Gnome....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If at first you don't succeed - just buy the company and tell them to make the one you want.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by steveneddy View Post
    Here's my green Gnome....
    don't forget to mention what gtk and beryl theme that you're using.....otherwise a screenshot alone is no help to the OP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast