Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: green gnome

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: green gnome

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexNumber View Post
    what icon themes would you be referring to there?
    He was looking for a green theme. Icons are a part of a theme. If he wanted to use the Gnome default icons, and make them green (and the license is okay with that) that would be how. But it would work for any them that you are allowed to modify. I do it all the time for personal use. It was just a thought.

Beans

It's like the official color of 'Foresight Linux'...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by lyceum View Post
    He was looking for a green theme. Icons are a part of a theme. If he wanted to use the Gnome default icons, and make them green (and the license is okay with that) that would be how. But it would work for any them that you are allowed to modify. I do it all the time for personal use. It was just a thought.
    well, the reason why i asked is because that doesn't quite work unless the theme is monocolour. if, in the case of tango, gnome, echo, or whatever, you try to turn them green, it won't work. whilst you may turn one colour(say yellow) green, the blue in the icon will become purple, the yellow will become green, the cyan will become blue, and the black and white will stay the same.
    i suppose he could use gimps colouriser feature to have a green g-flat theme.
    Last edited by ComplexNumber; March 18th, 2007 at 10:25 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

well, the reason why i asked is because that doesn't quite work unless the theme is monocolour. if, in the case of tango, gnome, echo, or whatever, you try to turn them green, it won't work. whilst you may turn one colour(say yellow) green, the blue in the icon will become purple, the yellow will become green, the cyan will become blue, and the black and white will stay the same.
    i suppose he could use gimps colouriser feature to have a green g-flat theme.
    Yeah, sometimes you have to play around with things a bit more than others. For dark colors some times over saturating helps, and sometimes that just makes it even worse I have not really messed with the Gnome icons themselves, as I find them a tad boring. So, thanks for the info.

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

setting your fonts to slight will help getting them to look more like the screenshot.

See this thread to make the judgment yourself..

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=386661

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

don't forget to mention what gtk and beryl theme that you're using.....otherwise a screenshot alone is no help to the OP.
    OK - Without Beryl running I am running Linsta Vista from Gnome-look.org. It is a black window border with Vista like buttons. The icons all around are the OSX version that I also found at gnome-look.org.

With Beryl running I am using the Aero-glass theme in emerald. I think that it one of the restricted themes. I changed the settings so the colors are a little green. It took a lot of trial and error, but if you choose a light green color and make each layer a little different shade then it makes the effect that much greater.

I always look for the green colored wallpapers that have grass, grasshoppers and frogs in them. The more green the better.

The transparent terminal was colored by the Gnome-Terminal controls and I disabled the buttons to get the cool effect of....no buttons. You can right click and choose to show the buttons if you wish. Terminal won't be truly trans until you install Beryl.

I also made the Gnome panels transparent and tinted them a litttle green. I like green because I was so tired of the MS blue all the time.

Green is good.

-SE
    If at first you don't succeed - just buy the company and tell them to make the one you want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12