Page 232 of 251 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 2508

Thread: Lord Of The Rings Online (LOTRO)?

Beans

Re: Lord Of The Rings Online (LOTRO)?

I normally do post a message in this thread when I do a new release. But PyLotRO is unlikely to change now that the F2P LotRO change is in.

Latest version of PyLotRO is 0.1.13

Beans

thanks for the response

i figured pylotro was pretty well complete w/ the f2p change in it... but i thought in one of your earlier remarks that you were waiting on one of the site providers to push the .exe version of the new one out to its servers... i guess i could just download it and find out if its new

seriously tho, thanks your work is awesome

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Hogmeister View Post
    but i thought in one of your earlier remarks that you were waiting on one of the site providers to push the .exe version of the new one out to its servers
    It should be the correct version, one of the Codeweavers staff did the change the Monday after I uploaded it to their site.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I recently use Ubuntu to play Lotro, can I just copy the windows installation folder and use pylotro to play ?
    Dell Inspiron 1464
    Intel Core-i3 @ 2.13Ghz | 4G 1066Mhz DDR3
    GMA HD | Intel SSD 80Gb |
    Running Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise"

Beans

Just a quick note regarding the PyLotro Gui launcher. I've noticed that when the game needs updating, the patch command seems to disappear from the Tools menu. Not sure if this has been noted before, but I couldn't any references to it using searches. I was compensating this by rebooting into Windows and updating, now I simply installed SNy's launcher and am using that update patcher. I'm running the latest Gui launcher (0.1.13).
    Has anyone else noticed this before?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Funnnny View Post
    I recently use Ubuntu to play Lotro, can I just copy the windows installation folder and use pylotro to play ?
    I actually just use the windows installation folder. Under Tools -> Options -> Game Directory set your windows installation directory as the game directory. If you are looking to get rid of windows entirely I recommend going through the whole linux install process though.

Beans

Since the free to play patch I can't get pylotro to patch on either of my ubuntu 10.04 laptops, here is the error.

rundll32.exe patchclient.dll,Patch patch.lotro.com:80 --language ENGLISH --productcode LOTRO --filesonly --highres
    wine: Call from 0x7b836852 to unimplemented function msvcr71.dll._set_purecall_handler, aborting

fixme:faultrep:ReportFault 0x32f638 0x0 stub

wine: Call from 0x7b836852 to unimplemented function msvcr71.dll._set_purecall_handler, aborting

*** Finished ***

Any help would be appriciated.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by articanos View Post
    Since the free to play patch I can't get pylotro to patch on either of my ubuntu 10.04 laptops, here is the error.

rundll32.exe patchclient.dll,Patch patch.lotro.com:80 --language ENGLISH --productcode LOTRO --filesonly --highres

*** Finished ***

Any help would be appriciated.
    just came on to post this exact log.. so yeah, the game works fine i patched no problem last night but i figured i'd check if it updated today and this is what spewed into my log needless to say the game plays fine, just the patcher doesnt work. I dont have a windows machine w/ the game on it to try the patcher in windows to see if it works there or not sorry :/

Beans

Mine will not play the game, gives me a error, failed to patch when I do try and load the game. (within the game) Hope there will be a fix for this soon, itching to play!

Beans

Until F2P goes live in the EU zone I can't do any checking but msvcr71.dll is part of the Visual C++ 2003 runtime. You should have Visual C++ 2005 runtime installed already but not the 2003 one (the file is also supplied by .NET 1.1).

Try using winetricks to install vcrun2003. That might work.

Otherwise look in the backup directory for patchclient.dll, rename it something else (lotropatch.dll) copy that to the game directory. Fire up PyLotRO and in the options page change the patchclient.dll to point to the dll you just copied. That should force it to use the old version which may still patch the game.

Page 232 of 251 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242 ... LastLast