Thread: Empire Poker running under Wine

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Talking Empire Poker running under Wine

Just to let any other poker players out there know that last night I managed to get Empire poker running nicely under Wine.

I had to run the installation routine twice (first time it worked OK, but I couldn't restart it once I had closed the session), but it seems to be working well enough for me to trust it in a real money game.

I believe Empire is a Partypoker site, so I there's every chance their software will work as well.

I've just about run out of reasons to have Windows on my pc.

Now all I have to do is get my granddaughter to play games on a console . . .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Talking Re: Empire Poker running under Wine

Hi,
    I'm new-ish to Ubuntu and I know very little about WINE, I currently have Feisty and XP on dual boot, but Windows is doing my head in and I want to just use the whole hard drive for Ubuntu...only reason I haven't done that yet is because I need my poker .

I then thought maybe WINE might be able to run the poker software...but as I know very little about Linux and WINE, I couldn't help but think is WINE secure enough for a poker site? Whats your opinion on this? Also, is it hard to configure WINE for whichever application?

Any advice is much appreciated

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: Empire Poker running under Wine

Quote Originally Posted by Kinuxx View Post
    Hi,
    I'm new-ish to Ubuntu and I know very little about WINE, I currently have Feisty and XP on dual boot, but Windows is doing my head in and I want to just use the whole hard drive for Ubuntu...only reason I haven't done that yet is because I need my poker .

I then thought maybe WINE might be able to run the poker software...but as I know very little about Linux and WINE, I couldn't help but think is WINE secure enough for a poker site? Whats your opinion on this? Also, is it hard to configure WINE for whichever application?

Any advice is much appreciated
    This is off topic.

Make a new thread.