Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Re: Creative People Wanted!

as for protecting against wiki-vandalism

I hark back to Mr Eric Raymond

with enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow
    "Kreed" - Download/File Server - AMD Sempron 3000+ / 768MB / nVidia 6200GT - Ubuntu 9.04
    "Muter" - Work Laptop - Dell Latitude D830 / Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz / 2048MB / Nvidia 140NVS - Ubutnu 9.04

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I think it's got potential - at least depending on what content it starts to get, and whether it's able to be internally consistent (as a plausible, real universe). I think on the short-term there may be a large amount of anarchic activity (i.e. I don't see any universal rules being set re magic/science/religion...). I think once a basis (some key storylines) is established (to narrow the focus a little) then it has the chance of snowballing in a more constructive way.

I also wonder where "Project Leabhras" came from (I know there is a pronunciation guide, but that didn't help me!). I think it makes it hard to remember, and associate anything with... or, maybe that isn't a problem.

In any case good luck with it, and I'll make a note to check out how it's going in the near future - maybe contribute if I can see a way of doing so...

Beans
    Hidden!

Creator of "The First Law of Robotics". I'll bet nalmeth "Groks" that!
    For the life of me I cant quite figure out what Grok means!

Following the Heinlein definition, I would love to 'drink' psychohistory over the Law's of Robotics!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

seems a really cool idea. I'd be happy to contribute when i get time.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

You know, it occurs to me that I have a copy of "Stranger in a Strange Land" lying around somewhere, and the Trilogy. Haven't read them in 30 years. I think I will dig them out. Maybe Michael Valentine Smith can give me some insight in today's confusing world. I am looking forward to seeing how this project progresses. although I enjoy the creative efforts of others, I myself am somewhat devoid of any creative skills.
    Floyd
    Ault, CO, USA
    Registered Linux User 436727
    Registered Ubuntu User # 13092

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123