Thread: Infraction for insulting other member NOT TRUE!!

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Infraction for insulting other member NOT TRUE!!

I was given an infraction from Complexnumber probably because asyui told on me and stated that I insulted him when I did not such thing! I did get upset due to him minimizing the amount of work it takes to fully understand grub and to help others and after he made a second statement which wasn't helping the poll in any way, I made some statements that were a little harsh but NEVER insulted him EVER!!!!

here is the link and I would like the infraction removed unless you can specifically point out the insult otherwise there's no merit in the infraction:

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthre...=382560&page=2

Beans

Re: Infraction for insulting other member NOT TRUE!!

I will look into this and get back to you in due course
    This account is not active.

Beans

This would seem somewhat of an over the top reaction to Aysiu's post

Your reaction was ....

"ok, so what do you want here. do you want to be crowned the winner? do you want a cookie? what is your point with your negativity and you making statements which don't relate to the Poll? The poll asks a simple question, if you don't want to participate in it than that's your proagative.
    I never stated that it's grub's fault that the mbr gets overwritten when you install windows after ubuntu. I stated that this is a common issue and that the user normally still wants to use grub and people don't know how to accomplish this so they should LEARN GRUB, which goes back to my main statement.
    Thank you for your comments regarding grub, you made a vague statement that a user doesn't need to learn grub, I pointed out several reasons why they do need to, end of discussion, I am not going to have a p___ing match with you."

You asked questions and Aysiu answered , politely and factually.

Please refer the Forum rules under Forum help , in particular the following...

1. Be respectful of all users at all times. This means please use etiquette and politeness. Treat people with kindness and gentleness. If you do this the rest of the code of conduct won't need more than a cursory mention.
    2. Respect the forum staff. We provide a service in our free time to keep the forums running efficiently. We will occasionally ask for input, but in some cases we will not, please respect our decisions.
    If you review your post , you will see that it does not meet these standards.

I would support the issue of an infraction in this instance.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

again, I never insulted him! I have seen worse posts within this forum and no action taken. aysui has been involved in many of these situations and everytime it boils down to him being rude, arrogant, know it all, and many other things that I can't think of the correct word for right now. if this is the kind of person you want on your staff than I am sorry to hear this. thank you for your review of my situation but again, as in the past, I feel the incorrect decision was made based on the staff covering for each other at the expense of the users. if this kind of thing happens to much, there won't be a need for staff since all the users will be sick of this staff attitude. i am merely expressing my opinion and I hope that this is acceptable and that you don't take offense to it because you should read it as being vaulable information for you and your staff.

Beans

Of course you are free to express an opinion that is contrary to that of staff members, as long as it is done politely and with in the standards set for the forum.

Also you are free to lodge complaints about staff, but again this must be done politely.

In this case you did not.
    Last edited by KiwiNZ; March 13th, 2007 at 12:09 AM.