Thread: HTPC Solution

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

HTPC Solution

I'm getting ready to move into a house with 2 other housemates, and between the 3 of us, we have a formidable collection of computer hardware. Obviously, we're looking to combine all the hardware we have into a kick-*** home theatre machine. I have an older shuttle PC, and another housemate has a 36 inch Gateway CRT monitor. After looking for TV capture card solutions, it looks like anything with a BT8x8 chipset is a good choice. I have a decent video card on hand, so the hardware side is put together.

Now I'm looking for a good front end to put on the thing. I'd like it to integrate will with a remote control (I want to AVOID wireless keyboard/mouse if at all possible) and have an easy method for navigating network shares. I'd also like this solution to be easy to setup.

I have no Linux/Windows biases. I want a system that looks good and works well with a remote. Everything else is tertiary. If anyone has remote suggestions, that would also be handy.

Beans

Re: HTPC Solution

MythTV ?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: HTPC Solution

MYTHTV!

tv, movies, dvd, music, news, weather, games... serves pretty much anything and then some.