View Poll Results: What Operating System did you use before using Ubuntu?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Windows XP

61 67.03%
  • Windows 2000

17 18.68%
  • Windows 95-98

16 17.58%
  • Mac OS 9

3 3.30%
  • Mac OS X

7 7.69%
  • Other Linux distro

30 32.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What OS did you use before you found Ubuntu? When and how did you find Ubuntu?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

What OS did you use before you found Ubuntu? When and how did you find Ubuntu?

Ok, how did you first find Ubuntu? And what Operating system did you use before installing Ubuntu?

I was first introduced to Ubuntu when my Dad gave my a disc back in August.... I finally got to using Ubuntu when I got my new Wireless card last month. Before I got Ubuntu, I used WIndows XP SP2.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: What OS did you use before you found Ubuntu? When and how did you find Ubuntu?

I used Windows XP, 98 before that, 95 before that. My roommate last year was a fan of Linux, and I was amazed by some of the things he could do with his computer. At first I set it up on an old box I had lying around. Eventually I upgraded that box, later I put it on my primary laptop, and now I have a System76 laptop that's just awesome. I've been using Ubuntu for almost a year and a half, and I've been using it pretty much exclusively for about 3 months. Every once in a while I'll have to boot Windows up for obscure programs that I need for coursework or something, but it's pretty rare.

Beans
    Distro

Re: What OS did you use before you found Ubuntu? When and how did you find Ubuntu?

Awesome. Yeah, it's pretty awesome what you can do with Linux.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

XP Media Center edition, woo....

It was slowly grinding to a halt, and about a month ago I decided enough was enough (its a new laptop as well). I've been hearing good things about linux for the last couple of years on the net and I tried an ubuntu livecd about a year ago which impressed me, so I decided to set up a dual boot system. I was also suffering from pc gaming addiction which was beginning to affect my studies and two weeks in I decided to totally wipe xp as I realised I could do everything I needed on ubuntu. Now I am free of MS, and I can get down to my studies without getting distracted by pc games.
    Last edited by Pugwash; March 9th, 2007 at 03:46 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Only version of XP I didn't ever use.

Beans

I am pretty sure that I was using 2000 at the time. It's been a while though so I'm not real sure.
    Thanks,

etank

Beans
    Distro

Dang.

I considered 2000 to be better than XP for a while. Dunno why, but I did.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

2000, osX and Yellowdog... all replaced with Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I used Windows 98SE, Windows XP, and Mac OS X - all on separate machines - before Ubuntu.

Windows 98 > Xubuntu (but hardly gets touched)

Windows XP > Ubuntu (my main machine)

Mac OS X... is not getting replaced anytime soon

Beans
    Distro

I've thought of getting a Mac for my video editing stuff.... since I haven't found good video editing software for Linux. And I heard iMovie is a awesome video editor.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast