View Poll Results: Who will be Champions of Europe?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • AC Milan

10 13.33%
  • Bayern Munich

5 6.67%
  • Chelsea

11 14.67%
  • Liverpool

16 21.33%
  • Man Utd

18 24.00%
  • PSV

3 4.00%
  • Roma

1 1.33%
  • Valencia

0 0%
  • What's The Champions League

11 14.67%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Place your bets for The Champions League

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Re: Place your bets for The Champions League

Barca... Wait no forget that, I'll shut up now...

Bayern is my choice.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Although I'm an Ajax supporter and don't think PSV will win, I still hope they do.

Beans

Just watched the Man U v Milan match, Man U looked in trouble for the first half but managed to turn it around. Should be a great second leg at Milan.

Liverpool v Chelsea is going to be another tough game to choose the winner, as Im a neutral I dont care much, so long as it's a great game with lots of goals.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

another vote for the scousers here
    WARNING FOR THOSE NEW TO LINUX: NEVER use a command given to you before asking and knowing exactly what it does.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by beercz View Post
    Uuuuunnnnniiiitttteeeeddddd!!!!!!
    Still UUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

beercz
    united + northfleet = traitor . why not chelsea? its closer to where you are.
    WARNING FOR THOSE NEW TO LINUX: NEVER use a command given to you before asking and knowing exactly what it does.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

wha hey, some footie fans amongst you all (thats soccer if your american)

I would make man utd favorites so far, then liverpool, why not chelsea you ask? I think that the teams that have won it before show more desire to hold the cup again. Man utd making habits of scoring late goals like they did in 1999.

Forget the national competitions, club football is far superior.
    If you're not paranoid, you're not paying enough attention

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexNumber View Post
    beercz
    united + northfleet = traitor . why not chelsea? its closer to where you are.
    I am originally from Manchester, and used to live about 7 miles from Old Trafford, and used to go regularly as a kid. Used to watch George Best, Bobby Charlton, Dennis Law, Nobby Styles et al.

Would love to be able to go now though
    Too far and too expensive, and not enough time

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by proalan View Post
    wha hey, some footie fans amongst you all (thats soccer if your american)

I would make man utd favorites so far, then liverpool, why not chelsea you ask? I think that the teams that have won it before show more desire to hold the cup again. Man utd making habits of scoring late goals like they did in 1999.

Forget the national competitions, club football is far superior.
    I'd agree with that but given how the United defence looked today short of both first choice centre backs and Neville at right back it could be edgy. I'd have picked United as a certainty today with any sort of defence.

That second Rooney goal was vital. At 2-2 you'd expect Milan to shut the game down at the San Siro, a low score would favour them. Now they have to chase the game and it will allow United the room needed to finish the tie off.

The parallels between now and 1999 are startling. Back then United stumbled through the last few weeks with players missing. They won the League by a single point and everyone remembers the CL final. Once again they could take it all or win nothing. Also then Munich were chasing their own treble and Chelsea are chasing a quadruple this time around (though I think Chelski blew the league last weekend).
    "What makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?"

Beans

I hope Man utd lifts it, but seeing as a 3-2 win is fragile to say the least, essentially they will have to win in Milano, I wouldn't be surprised to see a reprise of the good ol' 3-3 shootout final of 2005 (Liverpool-Milan).

Chelsea does have a great team, but Liverpool has great form against them, they also have a team that remembers winning the cup and players like Gerrard and Carragher will play even better to secure a second win.

Not to mention I hate Chelsea...

Dream Final: Man U - Liverpool ending in a 2-1 extra time, for that extra suspense

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast