Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Indiana LoCo Team Information

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Indiana LoCo Team Information

Quote Originally Posted by MilesZS View Post
    Hello! I'm glad I decided to start lurking in the forums more often! I'm new to the forums, not so much new to X/K/Ubuntu. I joined the mailing list, and look forward to getting involved a bit.

By the way, I noticed the mention of the IU Linux Fest on the wiki. You/We should see if we can't get in touch with the Purdue Linux User's Group (PLUG) as well , as I know they have an 'Install Fest' each year/semester. Uh, I know a guy who visits their meetings from time to time. I'll lean on him for answers.

There are an inordinate amount of geeks at Purdue, which is good.

MilesZS
    I'm on the PLUG mailing list - they've already had their spring Installfest but if they have a fall one we could probably participate.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Just joined the mailing list, I'm a 23 year old Ubuntu semi-n00b (only been using since oct 07) but I'd love to join the party and support local Indiana Ubuntu users!
    Tregrix: HP Pavilion dv9000 Laptop with an AMD Turion 64 x2 TL-64 2.20 GHz Processors, 2 Gigs RAM, Nvidia GeForce Go 6150 Graphics card, Dual Booting Windows Vista and Ubuntu 9.04

Twitter?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Speaking of Purdue, you just got another Purdue student on your side! Here I'm kuruoujou, everywhere else I'm kuroshi.

Been using ubuntu since dapper. Officially excited for jaunty. ^_^

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

i been quite impressed with jaunty. had very few issues with the alpha no issues yet with beta
    Still learning linux after using it for years

Linux Register User #481509
    Ubuntu Register User #25492

Beans

I live in indy, so is this the best way to get help? by posting on the team's thread?.....My problem began when I booted one day and, shwammm!!, my screen is blank orange. I have a compaq f500 (nvidia chip, amd turion, broadcom wireless) and I was fine for a few days, so maybe an update did it...
    I already went and took out compiz (sudo apt-get remove compiz core..etc) and still no ubuntu. Help me, please.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hello!

im a 16 year-old student at Danville. You can find more about me on my website below in my Signature. I just started to use ubuntu... (LOVE IT!) im hooked, I have an ubuntu desktop and a Vista Desktop (Games, iTunes for windows) If it wasnt for that i'd be a 100% ubuntu user. Well, i just wanted to say hello!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rrbotts View Post
    I live in indy, so is this the best way to get help? by posting on the team's thread?.....My problem began when I booted one day and, shwammm!!, my screen is blank orange. I have a compaq f500 (nvidia chip, amd turion, broadcom wireless) and I was fine for a few days, so maybe an update did it...
    I already went and took out compiz (sudo apt-get remove compiz core..etc) and still no ubuntu. Help me, please.
    Greetings!

Re: using the forums to get help. You would probably have more luck opening your own thread, perhaps in this team's forum, with a subject line related to your problem, rather than in the comments to another thread. I am only noticing your plea for help because I am specifically subscribed to this thread.

I can't say that I've heard of any recent updates causing that sort of trouble. I take it that you're somewhat comfortable on the command-line, then? Do you know how to take a look at your Xorg logs?

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBac0n77 View Post
    Hello!

im a 16 year-old student at Danville. You can find more about me on my website below in my Signature. I just started to use ubuntu... (LOVE IT!) im hooked, I have an ubuntu desktop and a Vista Desktop (Games, iTunes for windows) If it wasnt for that i'd be a 100% ubuntu user. Well, i just wanted to say hello!
    Howdy, and Welcome Aboard!

Beans

HI, I am new to the forums and really looking forward to learning more. How do I get on th eloco team.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

hi, just wondering is the indiana team is still active, see most posts are back in '09. half the links from the wiki are dead too....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by SE7EN-LOCSTA View Post
    hi, just wondering is the indiana team is still active, see most posts are back in '09. half the links from the wiki are dead too....
    Yes, the Indiana Team is still active, though not as much as we were in the past. There's occasional posts on our mailing list or here in the forums and we have release parties twice a year. If there's enough interest in other activities, I'd be happy to participate in those as well.

The inaugural Indiana LinuxFest is being held in Indianapolis March 25-27, 2011 at the Wyndham Indianapolis West hotel - it'd be great if a bunch of LoCo team members showed up to the fest! Visit http://www.indianalinux.org for more info.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast