Page 36 of 60 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Firefox Widgets

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Firefox Widgets

cant wait to give this a try!
    "Now is the time to take free software from the data center and put it in people's hands, put it on people's desktops, and to build a new model for the industry that is commercially sustainable." ~Mark Shuttleworth

Beans

Heads up, 2.6 works for me in Gutsy Tribe 3, x64 bit - running the trunk build of Firefox (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686 (x86_64); en-US; rv:1.9a7pre) Gecko/2007072104 Minefield/3.0a7pre)

The scrollbar still looks like old X application scrollbars (compared to say FF2, on the same machine, which uses gnome's theme)

Thanks for the script!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by Catsworth View Post
    Hi, me again

Yet another FF update, meaning yet another re-install of the widgets. Only this time I'm having real problems, I can't even get the file to extract. Has anybody else had problems?

Any chance someone could give me the Command Line so that I can make sure I've got it right?

Thanks?

Anybody?

Thanks.
    Rumour has it that if you play Microsoft CDs backwards you will hear Satanic messages.
    Worse still, is that if you play them forwards they will install Windows.

Registered Linux User #423840 | Registered Ubuntu User #4799

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by dooooomi View Post
    Is it possible to install these widgets in a way that will survive a Firefox upgrade? Or do I have to reinstall them every time there's a new version of Firefox?

Also, is there a way to install this locally in ~/.mozilla/firefox?
    I think you will have to reinstall after each update. Also, I do not know of a way to install into ~/.mozilla/firefox directory. However, if I'm wrong let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Catsworth View Post
    Hi, me again

Yet another FF update, meaning yet another re-install of the widgets. Only this time I'm having real problems, I can't even get the file to extract. Has anybody else had problems?

Any chance someone could give me the Command Line so that I can make sure I've got it right?

Thanks?
    What version is this? How are you trying to extract the file? What error are you getting?

Quote Originally Posted by flipthedolphin View Post
    Does this work with Flock?
    I've installed the getdeb.net 0.9.0.1 32 bit version.

On firefox works fine.
    I have never used Flock but it is based on Firefox's code base so I think it should work. If you want to check, first go into the flock directory and make sure there is a "res" directory. Inside that directory there should be a forms.css file and no file or folder named "form-widgets" unless you have already installed the widgets to flock. After doing this, install the widgets. It should work. Let me know how it goes.

Beans

Hey, just wanted to post and say that this worked wonderfully for me! Thank you so much for making this!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by fatsheep View Post
    What version is this? How are you trying to extract the file? What error are you getting?
    Think it must have been a corrupted file, it worked fine this time - I like the graphical installer, very nice
    Rumour has it that if you play Microsoft CDs backwards you will hear Satanic messages.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Ok, my previous problem seems to have been caused by the fact that I was downloading the file to a FAT32 formatted drive and trying to extract it there. I've since downloaded directly to my Desktop and it works fine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Superb! Thank you fatsheep, you're a .

It works perfectly in FF64bit & FF32bit running on Fiesty Intel 64.

When installing I just had to change the folder for intstalling the widget to where the FF32bit was. Eg. /usr/local/firefox32.

The radio buttons always looked unfinished. I am so pleased!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Great work Thanks

Beans

Other people have mentioned it but was just wondering if there was any permanent solution to the crowding, especially on Google. You said that fixing it could affect the layouts of sites. How bad would it be? Would it be worth it because I think it looks quite ugly so crowded.

Page 36 of 60 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast