Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Diablo 2 + LoD Tutorial

Beans

Re: Diablo 2 + LoD Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by fou-lu View Post
    hey i was wondering if anyone could help me with my D2 problem.
    im using ubuntu 9.04 jaunty
    wine 1.1.13
    i have D2 installed (not LoD) and the latest patch
    it will play the first two videos and then it will go black and i can only hear the music but see nothing. the only thing i can do is press escape to close the window.
    if someone could please help me that would be great
    thnks

I have a similar problem but with ubuntu 10.04 and wine 1.2. Someone replied to this post to say that he should update wine, but my wine is the latest version.

Basically, I try to run Diablo 2 and the two Blizzard opening videos run fine, but the main menu won't load. There's just a black screen with a hint of the ubuntu tool bars around and I can only hit esc to close everything and go back to the ubuntu desktop.

I've run the video test and it suggested the 3d mode. I've tried both the 3d and 2d video and both have the same result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I had the same issue; disable compiz (or disable desktop effects) before launching the game. I do this in my script for launching diablo 2. A script like below would work:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    metacity --replace &
    sleep 1
    wine "/home/username/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Diablo II/Game.exe"
    sleep 1
    compiz --replace
    Haha, anyone in here know the viability of a pure bonemancer with a level 40 bonespear and full synergies in Hell difficulty Act V in singleplayer?
    Stop Trusted Computing! http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html
    Asus Rampage 2 Extreme/2.66GHz i7 Quad/6GB DDR3 1600MHz 8-8-8-24/2x Nvidia 9800GTX+
    2x150GB 10krpm HD/2x1TB 7200RPM HD/3ware RAID/
    Xubuntu 11.04/Arch Linux/Gentoo Linux/Fedora

Beans

hey im having a problem... i installed diablo through wine... when i put in the LOD disc... the whole cd rom device disappears..... i also cant open the iso for some reason nor the mdf (i downloaded 2 to make sure it wasnt the image...)

like i said the other cds work but when i insert the expansion one the disk drive itself disappears n it doesnt seem to recognize the cd.... Also i cant seem to no-cd patch it without having the lod installed (wrong version, error, etc...)

any help?

Beans

d2 installs fine but get an error when trying to run game. unknown exception (80000101). i'm using wine 1.2 and installed diablo 2 using winetricks. can anyone please help?

Beans

All righty then. i got it perfect running with digital copys (which u dont need cds n makes it UNBELIEVABLY easy to install n run) n even a mod (chaos empire) my only issue is dark clouds and auras having werid shadows n burning souls spitting out grey lol

idk wut the issue is, its a lil creepy actually lol but not hard to deal with. any ideas???

i run full screen, n have sound all threw acts (well that ive been threw havnt realized any other problems other then lil coloring difference)

Ubuntu 10.04
    wine 1.4
    Diablo 2 + lod + CE(chaos empire)

any help or information need just reply and let me know
    Thx ^_^

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

From the Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct.
    If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.
    Thread closed.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718