Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Diablo 2 + LoD Tutorial

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Diablo 2 + LoD Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by don durito View Post
    hi,

have some serious problems installing diablo 2 cause it just won't install.

i can start the diablo 2 setup selcet full intallation insert my cd key and then the installation taskbar freezes. And even worse is that the install shield is always shown on everyone of my 4 desktops.

don't know what i am doing wrong so please help
    [/CODE]

but the single player installation seems to work. don't know what the problem is
    It's been discussed too many times now, and it's included in the guide. Your "installation process dialog" blocks the "cd swap dialog" so you think the installation hangs. Just before starting to install, move the setup window out of the center of your screen...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I can't apply the patch. It says it can't find "d2char.mpq", but the file is right there! Is there any other way to patch it?

Beans

hey guys, sorry if this has been asked already and I am just being a pain, I am new to this whole thing and I read or at least skim read all of the posts, I seen one that had a similar problem but no reply to him, so my problem is :

I put the install disc in my drive (using the original game which I bought), I then click on install.exe, it wuto runs in wine, but I just keep getting "insert install disc" pop-up nothing works, can anyone advise me please?

Thanks in advance

Beans

I have been using D2loader for many years. So has many of my friends, D2loader doesnt get you banned, its the illegit plugins that its able to load up for you that can get you banned.. (Maphack, injecting code into the game so it laggs or glitches, whatever...) To the person saying they downloaded d2 loader since their CDrom died.. You wont be able to easily do it. You will still need to copy the MPQ files from the disk to your d2 folder.

Beans

Re: [HOWTO] Diablo 2 + LoD - UPDATED

Quote Originally Posted by cb951303 View Post
    • Diablo 2 and/or LoD (I used a pirate copy, but hey I have my original cd keys)
    A pirate copy?
    I got my diablo cd's in iso format on my windows drive. I'm not that good at taking care of my cd's :b. My LoD cd is broken.
    Is there any software for ubuntu that works like daemontools?
    Tried searching google and Synaptic Package Manager for virtual disk/drive software, but with no luck.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: [HOWTO] Diablo 2 + LoD - UPDATED

Use the mount command to mount ISO's to a directory.
    Code:
    sudo mount -o loop -t iso9660 INSTALL.iso /media/cdrom1
    This has been said in a post in this thread, by the way.
    The mumak butts! The grid bug bites! You get zapped! -- More --
    The leocrotta kicks! You die... -- More --
    Do you want your possessions identified? (y/n)

Beans

Oops, my bad. I meant .mdf files. Can mount do that ?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Oh, wow. Brand new to Ubuntu (used SuSE until last week!), and got this up and running in about an hour today, including burning the CDs. Works absolutely -flawlessly-! I'd tried installing it previously, on SuSE, but wouldn't get it to work, so I'm very happy now. Wish I could play full screen, though, since it lowers the number of colors displayed when it's running in Wine's virtual desktop, and it makes everything look -really- strange... But I am so not complaining, since the game looks and runs just fine, perfect audio, everything. Thanks muchly for the tut!

Also, am using the newest version of Wine that Adept (using Kubuntu Gutsy) has, which probably contributes to this resounding success.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

When I try to run D2Loader1.11.exe in wine, i get a

"Failed to Create Game client Window"

error. what gives?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by saltedfish View Post
    When I try to run D2Loader1.11.exe in wine, i get a

"Failed to Create Game client Window"

error. what gives?
    The same thing happened to me. Tell Wine to emulate a desktop, 800x600, and it ought to work just fine.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast