Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Diablo 2 + LoD Tutorial

Beans

Re: Diablo 2 + LoD Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Sugi View Post
    I was actually thinking about trying that Glide mode thing out. I wonder if it supports stretching for my wide monitor. XD I got use and prefer everyone being horizontally long-aged.

Sugi

Let me know if it does, but I don't think so. It seems to be using only predefined window resolutions.
    ThinkPad W500: C2D 2,5GHz, 8GB ram, GPU Intel & ATI, Middleton BIOS, SSD + UltraBay HDD, USB 3.0 ExpressCard, BTRFS + full disk encryption.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hello! I'm very new to ubuntu and linux, so bear with me...

I've read through this thread and have not found workable solutions for my problem.

Here's the problem: sound in Diablo II LoD lags by a full second.

I'm using PlayOnLinux 3.7.6
    I've tried Wine versions 1.1.43, 1.1.38, and 0.9.35
    I've tried ALSA and OSS and JACK and the other two audio drivers (I don't remember their names...)
    I've tried changing the ALSA Driver in the registry to UseDirectHW REG_SZ y
    And I think I've tried some other stuff, all to no avail.

In all instances, the same problem. Sound lags by a full second. This wouldn't be a problem, but i like to hear the monsters coming so I can prepare for battle.

I'm running Lucid Lynx 10.04 on a revA MacBook (MacBook 1,1), and Diablo II LoD 1.13c, windowed. (If this even makes a difference.)

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

j6g

Beans

Hello

I want to play Diablo 2 LoD on my Asus EEE with Kubuntu 10.04 LTS.

I copied the Diablo folder from my Windows laptop.

However I am getting "Insert Expansion disc" I tried autodetection as per the guide, but I don't have any CD-rom in the EEE.

Tried manually updating to 1.13c, but it already was.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by LasseNC View Post
    Hello

I want to play Diablo 2 LoD on my Asus EEE with Kubuntu 10.04 LTS.

I copied the Diablo folder from my Windows laptop.

However I am getting "Insert Expansion disc" I tried autodetection as per the guide, but I don't have any CD-rom in the EEE.

Tried manually updating to 1.13c, but it already was.
    Register your key on Battle.net. Download the self-contained CD-free installer. Install it in WINE.

Just copying over your previous installation is not a good idea. It loses registry information among other things to where it no longer works. Install it fresh and just copy over your characters folder.
    Code:
    while (homework > 0) happiness--;
    // Don't worry. I'm a multithreaded program. ;)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi,
    I've tried installing the game through whine from the disks.
    Since I re-installed my OS and currently don't have access to the d2 and d2 LOD disks I was wondering if it is possible to install the game using only the .iso files I have ripped from them.
    I have 4 .iso files being the 4 disks from the original game.
    How can I install them through wine ?
    -Still quite new to ubuntu so it would be helpful if I could get a detailed explanation.
    Thank you!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Question Re: Diablo 2 + LoD Tutorial

I'm running 10.04 (Lucid) and using wine 1.2, obtained from this PPA as recommended in this thread. Diablo 2 and LoD installed with no problem, and the video test ran without a hitch. As soon as I tried to play the game, though, my entire screen turned green and I couldn't do anything - no keys or mouse clicks worked. I had to hard reboot. I tried turning off Compiz; all that did was give me a grey screen instead of a green one when I next tried to run LoD.

I had previously tried obtaining wine through Synaptic, which gave me 1.1.42 and is what I used to install, but the game froze when I reached the menu screen and I had to force-quit, so I googled and found the recommendation to use wine 1.2.

I have no idea what the issue is. LoD worked perfectly for me with 9.04 (Karmic), with the same graphics hardware (onboard Intel graphics chip). I'm using a different monitor but I don't see why that would contribute to the problem.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by ftmichael; June 21st, 2010 at 07:52 PM.
    'To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.'
    --e.e. cummings

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by vel. View Post
    Since I re-installed my OS and currently don't have access to the d2 and d2 LOD disks I was wondering if it is possible to install the game using only the .iso files I have ripped from them.
    I have 4 .iso files being the 4 disks from the original game.
    How can I install them through wine ?
    Well, I still use Gmount-ISO since the built-in archive mounter in Lucid seems a little shaky with multi-CD/image installers - it's much like what you'd do with Daemon Tools to mount images in Windows. You can download it with
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install gmountiso
    after which you might want to run
    Code:
    sudo mkdir /media/Gmount
    to create a mount point for the images that will appear as a CD drive alongside your actual drives. The original CDs need to be installed from the terminal since you aren't the owner of the CD drive, but with mounted images you can just start clicking away.

Should be pretty trivial. Mount and unmount when it asks for a new disk.

I have no idea what the issue is. LoD worked perfectly for me with 9.04 (Karmic), with the same graphics hardware (onboard Intel graphics chip). I'm using a different monitor but I don't see why that would contribute to the problem.

Thoughts?
    Probably "something" to do with the drivers but I'm afraid I don't know jack about those Intel chips. I'm curious, what happens when you try running it in a window?

Don't forget to try http://www.svenswrapper.de/english/index.html in case it wasn't mentioned already. A funny way of scaling the window to your preferred size if nothing else, could also save lives if it's just X going bonkers when you try running the game in fullscreen.

P.S. Play classic, LoD is for wussies.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Question Re: Diablo 2 + LoD Tutorial

I switched back to wine 1.1.42 and reinstalled, and now it seems to be working, although there's no sound. I'm afraid of switching to wine 1.2 again in case it screws everything up again. Is wine 1.2 necessary to get the sound to work?
    'To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.'
    --e.e. cummings

Beans

yeah, sound is a bit intermittent on mine.

fora while there i was running

<item label="d2">
    <action name="Execute">
    <execute>
    wine /home/g/.wine/drive_c/d2/Diablo\ II.exe -w
    </execute>
    </action>
    </item>

(oops, thougt i had just the command in the clipboard, n not the whole openbox menu.xml entry, oh well, i'll leave it there for now)

with the -w, only because it wasnt working without it... but after several updates without checking, it now works for me without the -w, and i can once again enjoy edge to edge fullscreen without the blue win default desktop background colour, which i also had to have just in order to get it to work. someone out there musta been sprucing up some code... if i knew who, i'd flattr u.

dunno if i actually got anything from the tutorial again this time around... but searches brought me back around here for the inspiration to try grandr and sans -w.
    today, i am a #!er. like ubuntu, all the bang, but with crunched bloat.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I just got Diablo II working in Wine (very easy after the update to the newest version) but whenever I play it and then exit the games all of the colors on my laptop look washed out. Sort of like someone airbrushed the hell out of my screen and then turned up the brightness and contrast. If I reboot my laptop all of the colors go back to normal but its still somewhat annoying. Any idea why this happens? Is there a simple way to reset the colors scheme on my laptop to go back to normal? I'm running Ubuntu 10.04.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast