Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to apply WoW patch?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

How to apply WoW patch?

I downloaded WoW-2.0.12.6546-to-2.1.0.6692-enGB-patch.exe, trying to install with cedega 6 or wine, but installer throws same error - sorry, the installer was unable to start up. you may be out of hard drive space. Tried to google, but found nothing. How to apply that patch?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: How to apply WoW patch?

Properly not very helpful, but you should be able to just run it.

Beans

Can you try to launch it in a terminal with the wine command in front and then post the text output it produces here?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I'm having the same issue, This is a 0.9.36 install of wine, when the Message box pops up nothing is said in the terminal.
    Dialog box

Terminal

at first I thought maybe it was because I was running the patch from my desktop, so I copied it over to the "c drive" directory for a second attempt, when that failed I came to look here on the forums, upon noticing I wasn't the only one, I tried a third time for the sake of a screen shot (that's the full screen non forum friendly screen shot)

The Patch was downloaded from FileFront.com as the Blizzard Downloader hates me and my hardware. I'm currently copying the file to my local windows box to see if it work there.
    _,,,,,,
    do.0b
    ~GIBson3

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by GIBson3 View Post
    I'm having the same issue, This is a 0.9.36 install of wine, when the Message box pops up nothing is said in the terminal.
    Dialog box

Terminal

at first I thought maybe it was because I was running the patch from my desktop, so I copied it over to the "c drive" directory for a second attempt, when that failed I came to look here on the forums, upon noticing I wasn't the only one, I tried a third time for the sake of a screen shot (that's the full screen non forum friendly screen shot)

The Patch was downloaded from FileFront.com as the Blizzard Downloader hates me and my hardware. I'm currently copying the file to my local windows box to see if it work there.
    I had the same problem, but I fixed it by running the patch-file with: sudo wine name_of_patch_file.exe

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Though you shouldn't EVER have to run wine as root (with sudo) this is most likely caused by file permissions.

Beans

You should make sure you have read and write permissions for all files and folders in you fake c drive. You should be able to do this very easily with Nautilus (the default file manager).
    Last edited by Sammi; May 23rd, 2007 at 08:33 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

That was my first thought, ls -l brings up "rw" on all files in my c, Program Files and World of Warcraft files/directories (directories are all drwx, as they should be.).

I'm going to try and find a solution without going the sudo route just so the cause is known, and since I don't believe in liberal use of root permissions I'm far to much of a glutton for punishment
    _,,,,,,
    do.0b
    ~GIBson3

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Well a big part of my issue maybe that the installer didn't finish to download, the file was 174 of the 256 or so necessary. I'm redownloading it now.
    _,,,,,,
    do.0b
    ~GIBson3

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

The update file needs to be in your Wine directory with the other patches.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast