Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Herd 4 candidates available for testing

Beans

Herd 4 candidates available for testing

List of available candidates: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-iso-tests/+bugs
    (and test tracker)

Instructions: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/ReportingResults

(some common questions and answers from the Herd 3 round here)
    Henrik Nilsen OmmaUbuntu QA Team Lead

Beans

Re: Herd 4 candidates available for testing

I'm looking forward to testing this latest release.

What sort of changes can I look toward in this release, compared to the latest official distribution I'm using. (Ubuntu 6.10)

Any solid information to suggest 7.04 will support an accelerated desktop by default compatible with my ATI Mobility 9600?

Beans

Im currenty downloading the i386.iso Hope the testing goes well

Beans

First of all, let me note that getting hold of the ISO download link was unbelievably difficult. I can't see why you don't link directly to the download page from the initial post here.

After finally locating it and burning it out, I rebooted and got the shiny menu where I could start ubuntu normally, in safe mode, or boot from the first hdd (and 2 other options I don't remember).

No matter which of the first two options I selected, it started loading with a kind of progress bar that bumped back and forth between its boundaries a few times (a lot of screen flickering from this bar, but not the "ubuntu" text + logo), and after a few "bumps", I got thrown out in to some sort of busybox/ash/something shell with the message

/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off

Or similar.

Ubuntu Dapper and Edgy run just fine on my computer, and so does Windows XP. It's a Pentium 4 HT with a nVidia 7600 GT card, LCD screen, Plextor CD/DVD-RW and an ASUS mainboard, I think.

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

@vhaarr

when u boot the cd Press F6 key in your keyboard then type the following command:

noapic nolapic

It worked for me and should work for you too.

Regards,
    Gaurav

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by vhaarr View Post
    First of all, let me note that getting hold of the ISO download link was unbelievably difficult. I can't see why you don't link directly to the download page from the initial post here.
    well since i also had some trouble finding the page, i'll just go ahead a post the link in here..

Feisty Herd 4 CD Images

Beans

Just wondering.... what new features ubuntu 7.04 has?... what is new?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

People should download desktop install cd it seems, as alternate install cd partitioner aint working at all - http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=336907. Too bad that i burned my alternate iso before reading this thread .

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Smile Re: Herd 4 candidates available for testing

Quote Originally Posted by DCM36 View Post
    well since i also had some trouble finding the page, i'll just go ahead a post the link in here..

Feisty Herd 4 CD Images
    Thanks. For Kubuntu users:

https://wiki.kubuntu.org/FeistyFawn/Herd4/Kubuntu
    Red Knuckles
    ASUS M2NPV-VM AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ 4GB DDR2-800 RAM Pioneer DVR-112D, 320GB SATA HD, 320GB IDE HD, nVidia GeForce 6150 256 MB

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DCM36 View Post

Feisty Herd 4 CD Images
    Yeah, I didn't do that since I wasn't even sure I had found the correct link. Now I know that I had not. I downloaded the daily ISO build from the 15. Is that basically the same ISO or a completely different one?

Gaurav, I tried with "noapic nolapic", but I was unsure where to insert it at the boot prompt. I booted the CD and clicked F6 I think, and got some edit box where I could edit the boot command, that ended in "--"; I tried inserting "noapic nolapic" after "--" and also removing "--" and adding it directly behind the rest - neither worked, and both yielded the same result a s my original post.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast