Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HowTO: Disable kdewallet password requests

Beans

Re: HowTO: Disable kdewallet password requests

Quote Originally Posted by H4rm0ny View Post
    The workaround that I found is to edit the KDE Wallet config file directly. Then you don't have to faff around with finding non-existent icons.

Go to ~/.kde/share/config

Edit the file kwalletrc

Set the line Enabled=True to Enabled=False.

Note you may be tempted to set the line to Enabled=FalseAndNeverRunThisBloodyProgramAgain but False is sufficient.

Hope this helps people. The wisest thing to do when installing KDE apps on Gnome is the moment that first request asking you if you'd like to use Wallet appears, is to click 'No' very hard.

Harmony.
    This worked for me. Using kmail on linux mint 11.04, which uses Gnome as the desktop. When installing kmail I was asked if I wanted to use kwallet and agreed. kmail would (almost) freeze periodically and I noticed that the kwallet daemon appeared in the hung process list when I had to shut the system down. Now kmail does not ask for the kwallet password.

Beans

Re: HowTO: Disable kdewallet password requests

Something wrong with following your instructions on Ubuntu 11.04 and Unity.
    kdewalletmanager was already installed (!), but it did not run when I tried to click on the icon.
    From terminal: sudo apt-get install kwalletmanager
    It installed. kdewalletmanager disappeared and kwalletmanager (wit a nicer looking icon) took its place.

unfortunately, not even this one seems to run (no icons in the system tray).

kopete still asks me to input my master passwords everytime i run it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12