Page 35 of 69 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Desktop Hardware Incompatibility List.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Desktop Hardware Incompatibility List.

Quote Originally Posted by wpshooter View Post
    Has anyone experienced any problems when trying to BURN ISO images when using Plextor CD drives ?

I had a Plextor CD-RW model PX-W5224TA in one of my systems on which I was running Ubuntu/Hardy and every time I attempted to burn an ISO image of Ubuntu, either the burn would fail, I would get some type of error or if the burn completed successfully and then when I went to check the integrity of the CD ISO image, it would have some errors reported by the intregrity test that is found on the initial Ubuntu boot screen menu. P.S. - I am very familar with the general rules as to how to successfully burn a Ubuntu ISO image, I have done numerious successful burns before on other machines.

Just as soon as I replaced the drive with a Sony CD-RW drive in this machine, I have so far burned both the live version and alternate version of Hardy with ZERO problems - I even used the very same CDs that I had used with the Plextor drive.

I am going to place the Plextor drive in another machine and see if the problems repeats themselves. But I was just wondering, if there might perhaps be some incompatibility between Ubuntu and these Plextor drives ???

P.S. - I just tried another Plextor drive on another computer and again the Plextor drive would NOT successfully complete the burn & integrity check of the Ubuntu ISO image. What happened this time was the the burn seems to go thru the burn process O.K. but when it got to the sumcheck function, it went to 25% complete and then just hung and instead of the counter that shows the estimated time remain on the sumcheck function counting DOWN, the estimated time remaining started to go UPWARDS/INCREASE. Me thinks that Ubuntu does not like Plextor CD drives.

Thanks.
    Same here. But it's a DVD-RW (PX-810SA) and every time I burn with Brasero I have errors. Give GnomeBaker or Nero a try I have no problems!
    Last edited by mirhciulica; January 29th, 2009 at 06:49 PM.
    Laptop: Acer Aspire 6930G Core2Duo T5800 2.0GHz, 4GB DDR2, 250GB HDD, 9300M GS 512MB, Audio 5.1 DHT. ArchLinux
    Desktop: Intel Pentium D 2.8GHz, 2GB DDR2, 460GB HDD, 7300GT 256MB, Creative Audigy SE. Ubuntu 9.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Motherboard - partial incompatibility

Maker: DFI
    model: DFI Infinity NF4X (AMD Socket 754, nForce4 chipset)
    Problem: poor support for PCI-e, cannot get any PCI-e card to work with 3-d acceleration (tried nVidia 8800 GT and 8600 GTS). Both video cards work fine in 2-d mode.
    Distributions: Feisty, Gutsy, Hardy, & Intrepid, both x86 and AMD64.
    Command prompt IS a User Friendly interface
    Please type "man bash" in the Terminal and read the output for more details.
    Me and Apple have a love-hate relationship. They love themselves and I hate 'em.
    Registered Linux user #467092

Beans

Exclamation Re: Desktop Hardware Incompatibility List.

Dell inspiron b130 total falure no work
    Sigmatel audio
    Minipci broadcam

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Graphics adapter
    Nvidia
    Geforce 6150
    The drivers don't install properly sometimes giving a blank desktop
    And no one in this forum gives an easy to understand solution for noobs

Beans

Graphics Card - Intel
    Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    Ubuntu Version 8.10

Stuck at 800*600 by default.

Beans

Did you install the linux_restricted_modules for Nvidia?
    All that and pizza too!

Beans

Ubuntu 8 - installed on Vista using wubi 2 days ago. Laptop is a Futitsu Seimens Amilo Li1818. No Network Manager in Ubuntu ?driver problem WLAN 802.11b/g Sis1634.
    Internet connected via ethernet.

Beans

Webcam,and Touchscreen

HP tx1003 AU

output of lsusb

Bus 002 Device 003: ID 04d9:0499 Holtek Semiconductor, Inc.
    Bus 002 Device 002: ID 03f0:171d Hewlett-Packard Wireless (Bluetooth + WLAN) Interface [Integrated Module]
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0eef:0001 D-WAV Scientific Co., Ltd eGalax TouchScreen
    Bus 001 Device 005: ID 08ff:1600 AuthenTec, Inc. AES1600
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 04b4:6560 Cypress Semiconductor Corp. CY7C65640 USB-2.0 "TetraHub"
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus

I stupidly bought a XFX radeon HD4830 and I use hardy. thr combination of which is disastrous. vesa works fine but of cause that's not good enough to most people so jockey doesn't display restricted drivers and if I modify xorg.conf: driver "fglrx" xorg driver says it can't detect the hardware. so install ati9.1 driver following wiki instructions and I get as a result in X a screen full of buffer garbage. but works fine out of the box with intrepid but I (personally) need the RT kernel.

actually I fixed the install of 9.1ati drivers and now hardy is go! (problem the fglrx-rt-compat.patch file was put in the wrong place causing dkms to err)
    Last edited by vivichrist; February 9th, 2009 at 02:43 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Lightbulb Re: Desktop Hardware Incompatibility List.

a)Type Of Hardware: Graphics Card
    b)Hardware Maker: Hercules
    c)Hardware Model: Hercules 3D Prophet 4000XT 64 MB PCI Video Card
    d)Known Issue: lack of driver of STG4000 [3D Prophet Kyro Series]

PS: I'm newbie here i have found a related thread like this one

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...light=STG4000+[3D+Prophet+Kyro+Series]

but there i can't reply.I don't still know for what reason

Hello, harrykar You are browsing a READ only archive of the main support categories pre 4/21/2008. You will not be able to post or reply any threads in this section.

So i hope here is the right place and here im In Topic
    Moreover after most googling i find that link

http://klt.sourceforge.net/

I don't know if it comprises the drivers but i guess is worth trying it(when i'm not busy). It's really hard to find anything for this old card

Page 35 of 69 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast