Thread: Ubuntu 13.04:HP laserjet 1020 plus printer gets disabled automatically.

Beans

Ubuntu 13.04:HP laserjet 1020 plus printer gets disabled automatically.

I am facing a perplexing problem in ubuntu 13.04. The printer driver of hp laserjet 1020plus( USB printer) gets disabled automatically. When I try to add a new printer, ubuntu does not detect the printer. Hardware wise, the printer is alright(checked with windows machine). But it just stops printing in the middle of busy work and does not respond. Please help me . I am new to ubuntu and i have no idea about printers.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Ubuntu 13.04:HP laserjet 1020 plus printer gets disabled automatically.

It will be difficult to give you any useful advice about this problem as 13.04 lost support some months ago, so installing any needed packages will be very time consuming and not really worth the bother.

You really should update your OS to a supported version, which now means 14.04, or if you prefer, you could go back to the older but still very good, supported and available 12.04.

However, if I remember correctly, that printer needs HPLIP and an added plugin, the latter of which I had some problems getting at one time, though I did eventually succeed, but I can not now remember what I had to do to get it working; it is too long ago.
    Last edited by ajgreeny; August 5th, 2014 at 10:52 AM.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 12.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo