Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: How To: Svideo / Dual Monitor(xinerama) / Dual Monitor(cloned desktop) on i945

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Re: How To: Svideo / Dual Monitor(xinerama) / Dual Monitor(cloned desktop) on i945

@groggyboy
    good to know and im glad that the svideo still works in feisty! Hopefully they will sort out that ctrl+alt+backspace issue..
    How to Svideo and More on your i945 Chipset
    Dell E1405, Intel Core Duo 1.6 GHZ, 512 DDR2, Primary OS - Hardy RC / Secondary OS- XP Home

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: How To: Svideo / Dual Monitor(xinerama) / Dual Monitor(cloned desktop) on i945

there has to be an easier way to do dual screen. Is there a graphical way? I am on a laptop and I switch between different screens every day (3 in total) - no way in hell I'm replacing my xorg.conf file every time I wanna boot. That is NOT user-friendly.

other OS's do this so well, what keeps (k)ubuntu from doing it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

@Xvani
    It takes a little work to setup but its nothing to swap xorgs.. especially if you create a shortcut to the script then you merely double-click and log back in.. Sure theres a lot going on in the background when you double click but hey it works
    Dell E1405, Intel Core Duo 1.6 GHZ, 512 DDR2, Primary OS - Hardy RC / Secondary OS- XP Home

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by Xvani View Post
    there has to be an easier way to do dual screen. Is there a graphical way? I am on a laptop and I switch between different screens every day (3 in total) - no way in hell I'm replacing my xorg.conf file every time I wanna boot. That is NOT user-friendly.

other OS's do this so well, what keeps (k)ubuntu from doing it?
    There are a number of solutions to this. Personally, I just un/comment out two lines of my xorg.conf and restart X with ctl+alt+bksp.

Best thing I've seen is:
    http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~zimmerma/xlayout_chooser/
    but I haven't bothered installing it so far.
    Veloce
    Ubuntu 9.04 64bit on Dell Vostro 1510, Core2 Duo T8100, Nvidia 8400M , Intel 1395 Wireless.
    OK: Wireless, kvm, Canon irc2880, Synergy.

Beans
    Distro

How do I know which one to use for my LCD screens though? How do I know I wont **** them up? v-sync and so might screw everything up?

And although I don't know what it does, it says "CRT" or "Generic monitor" on the clonescreen. I have an LCD. Will that matter?

Beans
    Distro

i get:
    /usr/bin/switchmon: 10: Syntax error: "(" unexpected (expecting "then")

when trying to run: "switchmon 3"

what to do?

Beans

featherking,

I have modified my xorg over 50 times already using what other people claim it worked on their computers with No Luck! I think is time to try some help. I use your solution also and I do see my two screens with a green light meaning they're gettin some signal but they're just pitch black and my X server wont start.

I need to get this working, this is my computer at work and I finally got permission to install Linux on it so I need to get it working propperly since Everyone here has a dual monitor setup.

Here is my hardware info:
    - 945G Intel Chipset
    - Dual monitor one regular and one Digital. They are both flat panels Acer the regular one is a AL1706 and the digital is AL1716. Both 17"
    -Just in case I have a Dell Optiplex GX620.

Any Ideas why this would happen?

What's supposed to be my Option "MonitorLayout" values, DFP, LFP? I think I have tried all combinations anyways.

Please throw some Ideas here, thanks.

Beans

Has any one found a solution for the black and white issue, for Pal standard tv's??

It is really annoying since everything else works perfectly!!!

Thanks to featherking for making this how to

Beans

Hi,
    I am very new to this and I am just trying to output to my TV but I am following your dual monitor guide. I have an e-GEForce mx4000 dual video card and trying to run the svideo to my TV. In step 2, when entering the code for the svideo dual monitor version of the xorg, I get "command not found". How do I fix? Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

@xvani
    you have a typo somewhere in your switchmon script. Try comparing the one on your machine to the one in the howto

@rlopezpe
    all i know is i have never been able to get anything to work with a dual monitor setup unless i was using CRT,LFP. however, i am using it on a laptop so the LFP always has to be last. try posting your original working xorg here and then post a copy of your xorg.dual that isnt working. Also, when does your xorg crash, is it after you login or before?

@jondska
    this how to only works if you are using an intel graphics card. your e-GEForce is probably an nVidia, so you will have to find another how to sorry

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast