Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: How To: Svideo / Dual Monitor(xinerama) / Dual Monitor(cloned desktop) on i945

Beans

Re: How To: Svideo / Dual Monitor(xinerama) / Dual Monitor(cloned desktop) on i945

Hello, i wanted to know if this guide would help with the new "intel" driver, on kubuntu hardy, and if not, what parts of it should be modified (asuming that this is possible).

Any help would be apreciated. thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: How To: Svideo / Dual Monitor(xinerama) / Dual Monitor(cloned desktop) on i945

Anyone out there who would know how to replicate this on an nvidia card? I'm using fx5200

oh and im using kubuntu 8.04 Hardy

And im a fresh 1 week old linux user.
    Last edited by seanature; August 12th, 2008 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Including OS

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

This looks like an excellent how-to that I would like to follow, but I want t o make sure I have the right graphics card first. I can't tell what driver I'm using, but my card is an Intel 82852/855GM Integrated Graphics Device. My xorg.conf doesn't explain here. It only says "Configured Monitor."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Well, the long and short is that it didn't work for me. I'm trying to clone to a TV through S-video, so I used switchmon 3. This caused my computer monitor to become staticy and my television showed absolutely no change. What could I be doing wrong?

Beans

Question Re: How To: Svideo / Dual Monitor(xinerama) / Dual Monitor(cloned desktop) on i945

Is it possible to adapt this guide to my situation with Ibex and Radeon HD 2400 PRO?

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6727810

I'm a n00b.

Beans

Thanks for the excellent tutorial. The only reason I was still using windows is because I couldn't get my tv hooked up properly. However, I still can't get it to work. I get this error. I am new to linux, so this could be a simple fix? Any suggestions?

walter@walter:~$ switchmon
    bash: /usr/bin/switchmon: Permission denied

Beans

My /etc/X11/ directory does not have the xorg.conf file. Any idea on where I should look for it?

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920