Thread: Help wanted: ubuntu-women.org Web admin(s)

Help wanted: ubuntu-women.org Web admin(s)

From Elizabeth Bevilacqua, via the Ubuntu Women mailing list.

As was mentioned in the meeting notes from the latest meeting, the Community Council recommended that we have four admins on the website. We currently have two: Vidya Ayer and myself.

We're looking for the following things in a website admin:

* Dedication to this project and a commitment to stick with it - we don't want to give admin access to people who will get bored and walk away in a couple months.

* Experience with and knowledge about HTML. Specific knowledge about wikis or the planet software is not required, I can give a tour and a review of the basics when you're set up.

* Time to spend on this. Not only to review submissions by people looking to improve the website, but to discuss changes at meetings and with the other admins. This is not a lot of time, but we'd like a future admin to be able to make it a priority.

We'd prefer to elect women to these roles, but men dedicated to the project are welcome to apply as well.

If you're interested just drop me an email off-list or get ahold of me on irc.freenode.net (I'm pleia2) and we can talk.

Cheers,

Lyz/pleia2
    If you're interested, by all means contact Lyz and see arrange an "audition." (I'm avoiding using her e-mail address here, but her wiki page is at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Pleia2. PM bapoumba or myself if you need help contacting Lyz. )
    Last edited by K.Mandla; March 5th, 2007 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Mislink corrected.
    Ubuntu user #7247 :: Linux user #409907
    inconsolation.wordpress.com