Thread: Do you feel the Unity in this community

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Question Do you feel the Unity in this community

When started using Ubuntu i was lost and confused now i understand what to do how to install from scratch, mount drives, plus the different commands shell have to offer now i am asking all those Ubuntu user out there do you feel a Unity within the community?
    Last edited by charlemagnefate; February 28th, 2007 at 10:48 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Do you feel the Unity in this community

Yes. I feel that this community is the best thing about Ubuntu
    Lose all your fears, they're keeping you down.
    Windows-Free since 2nd September 2006

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

Everyone is so helpful and I try to be as well if someone is asking a question I know the answer to (or think i do =))

I just dont like when people post questions and theyre total jerks about it

Or in ubuntu cafe when people talk about non-ubuntu stuff (like world affairs) and they just argue and get defensive with each other

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I think the unity in this community is amazing. I've never seen a support community like this before. In my past experience with support forums it seems like no matter what you ask everyone goes out of their way to make you feel stupid, but I've had a completely opposite experience. At first I was wary of visiting these forums because I had been lead to believe that the majority of Linux users were elitists that would have no interest in helping me. I was afraid I would have to do most of my learning from random tutorials found on google that may or may not be complete and correct. Instead I found amazingly friendly and knowledgeable people that were willing to answer even my most noobish questions. This great attitude towards newcomers has kept me pushing on even through my most frustrating moments (like when I accidentally turned off my video drivers).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Joining a community and aiding others validates my existence. Also I'm bored 24/7 and have nothing else better to do. I must now go and recover my pants.
    The Nameless Blog
    If someone helps you, thank them.
    DON'T DO "sudo rm -f brain" it will unlink your brain file