View Poll Results: How long have you been using Ubuntu?

Voters
223. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a newbie! Less than 3 months

54 24.22%
  • Between 3 months and a year.

52 23.32%
  • A year to 2 years.

84 37.67%
  • Since the beginning!

33 14.80%
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Welcome, Introduce Yourself

Beans

Re: Welcome, Introduce Yourself

Hi, im benjamin and i've using ubuntu for about 2 years, but to be honest i havent learned a lot bout it... so, here i am

Greetings from argentina

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Thumbs down Re: Welcome, Introduce Yourself

Hello all i am Ben i go by short__error I love Ubuntu it has opened my eyes and i now have no reason go back to winblows and i will not.... Well its nice to meet you all and i am here to learn and help when i can.
    No longer under the control of the evil Bill Gates!
    Registered Ubuntu User # 28007
    Registered Linux user #492927

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I first tried RedHat7 it was too much for me so i gave up on linux for years. Then a friend suggested Ubuntu. I installed 6.10 and i was very impressed with its ease. It still was SOOO different from what i was used to in windows. Ive test drove every relese since, but i have gone to a 95% user since 9.04. currently using Ultimate Edition everyday and i do switch over to Vista to game on COD4 FTW!!

bout 40 miles east of Atlanta in Newton Co
    Last edited by kevil99; July 24th, 2009 at 07:36 AM.
    EVGA nForce780i SLI, EVGA GeForce9800.GTX
    1000w CoolerMaster PSU
    Intel Q9550 OCd 3.4
    4GB Patriot DDR2 1066

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hey everyone, I'm Chris from Buford, GA and I've been using Ubuntu since 8.04 came out (a friend mentioned it came out, I checked it out, and have been hooked ever since). I even have my girlfriend using Ubuntu on her computer (wasn't easy to convince her to try it).

Not sure what else to say, so...."Hi!"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hello, I moved here from Texas to Marietta, GA about two months ago! I have been using primarily Ubuntu for about two years now and have used Linux for the past five years.
    Think before you type: If anybody asks you to type anything with rm -rf on the CLI, DO NOT do it! As a matter of fact, if you don't know what a set of commands will do, ask for clarification from other members.
    My home page: www.cyeungrun.com

Beans

New user here. I first was introduced to Ubuntu in 2008 when one of my instructors at Atlanta tech turned me on to it. I found it interesting, but didn't think about it again until my last year at Chattahooche Tech. I recently decided to start using Ubuntu as the OS for the machines I rescue and rebuild from the Goodwill. I currently have one Ubuntu machine at home and am really excited about spreading the word about Ubuntu. I have several years experience working in marketing and promotions and would like to try my hand at putting together a sucessful campaign here in the atlanta area. If anyone wants to join me let me know.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Exclamation Re: Welcome, Introduce Yourself

Hi, I'm Matt Merrit. I'ma total newbie at using Ubuntu. I'm also 13. I love computers and Linux, making GFX, and just exploring the outdoors. I hope to meet some nice people around here. Thanks, ~Matt EDIT:Oh! *Facepalm* Forgot to mention I'm from Pavo, GA, and have lived there my whole life !

Beans

Hi! My name is Dennard. I'm always looking for the "next thing", and I found that in Unbuntu. I'm using an HP Pavilion that's kinda old that WAS running Windows 98. I started experimenting with ubuntu and discovered that and didn't need windows anymore. This OS is GREAT!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Been using Ubuntu for two years now (since 7.10). Have replaced 3 Windows servers at work with Ubuntu (file, print, web). Use Ubuntu at work and home exclusively except for some necessary Windows apps.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Yo, Penguin home boys:

I'm Phil and I've been a computer geek since 1969. Is there anyone else out there that has written assembler code for Honeywell computers???

I've been using Ubuntu since... well, sometime before Dapper, but I don't remember exactly... my capacitors are beginning to pop.

I'm don't know why people use $W or $A.

My wife uses Ubuntu. We are a Gnome household.

I'm a terrible musician and I use audacity alot. I wish the version on Ubuntu worked as well as the version on $W and $A. The versions for Ubuntu do not allow users to slow the tempo of music without changing pitch. It is an important tool for musicians. I keep an $89 XP networed (in a closet) that I got from ginstar.com in Norcross to do taxes and audacity. I highly recommend ginstar. Good components in a local build and you don't have to buy the OS.

I think that with the uPhone and iPad there will be a bunch of challenges for linux. I think that pretty soon the desktop as we know it will be a thing of the past (something like Hollerith cards. For you young guys, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Hollerith). GET READY!

Phil Smith
    Duluth, GA

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast