Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Why are all of my threads closed?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Beans
    26

    Why are all of my threads closed?

    Well?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Beans
    26

    Why are all of my threads closed???????????????????????????????????????????? ????????

    Well?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Beans
    26

    Re: Why are all of my threads closed???????????????????????????????????????????? ????

    Quote Originally Posted by Jussi Kukkonen View Post
    No idea but
    a) posting the same thing twice is considered rude

    Don't you think that it would be more appropiate for you to criticize the moderators for taking such retarded actions without explaining themselves than to attack me for being so pissed off that I have posted the same thing twice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jussi Kukkonen View Post
    b) posting in "Forum Feedback & Help" would definitely be a better place for this
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    Last edited by ihatecommies; February 12th, 2007 at 12:16 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Beans
    26

    Re: Why are all of my threads closed???????????????????????????????????????????? ????

    Quote Originally Posted by sdide View Post
    Hey,
    I have no idea, I wanted to answer in the thread about the jdk-thing.
    Thanks, can you send me a private message instead?

    Quote Originally Posted by sdide View Post
    and just to tease: You do not get more answers by typing more questionmarks... 1 should suffice.

    Did you check your private messages, maybe if a moderator closed your threads, he would tell you why.
    No they haven't sent me a private message, no infraction was issues.

    Quote Originally Posted by sdide View Post
    and one last thing ... do get another login.
    I support freedom, that's what my login is about .

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Beans
    9,213
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Why are all of my threads closed?

    1. This is the proper location for dealing with issues regarding forum staff, moderation, etc. Please post about this here.

    2. I'm looking into this. Please be patient.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

    Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Beans
    9,213
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Why are all of my threads closed?

    After some research I found some interesting things that perhaps you would like to address.

    You are posting from the same IP as a user who was recently banned for bad behavior.

    Your posts are written in the same style as that user's posts.

    The issues you want to discuss are exactly the same as that user's issues.

    Circumventing a ban by using a different account is not something we welcome around here. There is a large amount of circumstantial evidence that you are actually the same person as the recently banned antiwindow798. All your threads were closed and this has been discussed for a few hours in the staff forums. I don't see any reason why this account should not be banned as well.

    Would you like to respond before action is taken?
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

    Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Beans
    26

    Re: Why are all of my threads closed?

    Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    Would you like to respond before action is taken?
    Sure, I will be back later on. I´m currently at work, so I don´t have enough time to look into this and see what this is now all about.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Beans
    9,213
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Why are all of my threads closed?

    Quote Originally Posted by ihatecommies View Post
    Sure, I will be back later on. I´m currently at work, so I don´t have enough time to look into this and see what this is now all about.
    No rush. This thread will still be here when you get back.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

    Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Beans
    26

    Re: Why are all of my threads closed?

    I wanted to stay out of the whole debate with Antiwindows but I guess I don't have to do much to get attacked myself; as the matter of fact, clearly I don't have to do anything at all.

    Obviously I have made this account before Antiwindows was banned (check the dates), why would I do that if I was him and not after "I" got banned? Obviously it's not really a matter to you whether I violated the forum rules (which I have not, check out all my posts (and if you can point out one single post where I, ihatecommies, have violated a forum rule and I will promise you you will never seen me again here)), considering that you have spend time researching me and even though I haven't violated any rule, you have taken action against me. I do believe that you truly believe that I'm him, for the same reason why do you ask me something you will not accept anyways when you have made up your mind already? Obviously it doesn't matter what I say or do, presumably my user name is enough for you to take action and make yourself believe in something and (once again) do research on an account of which no violations are known to have occurred and nevertheless take action.

    Isn't your job as a moderator to take action against users that violate the rules of the forum instead of the users that violate your views?

    Is there a connection between me and Antiwindows? Yes, somewhat. I never have felt the need to sign up to this forum and ask anything because I wouldn't get a proper answer anyways. I came to this forum through Google and I quickly came across Antiwindows' post on ICS. I have followed it with great interest for days. I didn't even know that ICS existed (so thank him for having introduced that to the people who didn't know it existed). I became interested in ICS and I wanted to set it up but I was unable to do so, Antiwindows' thread turned into a fight and I decided to make this account and name it after what he said against the moderators/users of this forum because I agree with him. Look up all of his posts and you will see that none of the posts he made were properly answered (or answered at all) and I think that the point of this forum is to get/give help.Criticizing against that not happening is not a positive thing? I think not.

    Take a look at how much people are suffering with wireless problems on Ubuntu and how much of them don't get a proper reply. What's your job as a moderator? To ban people who criticize against the fact that people are not being helped or ban the people that are criticizing people who are not helping or giving wrong information?

    Since Ubuntu is community driven don't you think that criticizing whats wrong with Ubuntu or the Ubuntu community is rather a positive thing and more important than what you think about people outside the forum rules, and more important than people who will blindly agree to anyone for the sake of getting some support?

    I have tried to find something that Antiwindows has said to show you something I disagree with him about. The fact that no infraction was issued against me and the fact that no explanation was given for locking all my threads proofs enough what the real reason is for taking action against me and pointing fingers: pissing me off to provoke me to break a forum rule so that you have a reason in the eyes of the forum members to ban me. Like I have said, I have tried to stay out of these debates and this post is the first and last exception to that.

    Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    After some research I found some interesting things that perhaps you would like to address.
    Once again: I have joined this forum before Antiwindows was banned. Since I have joined this forum I haven't broken a rule. Why have you nevertheless done research?

    Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    You are posting from the same IP as a user who was recently banned for bad behavior.
    Post from Antiwindows showing his ifconfig details: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=345638&page=7

    Post from me showing my own ifconfig details: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=358169

    Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    Your posts are written in the same style as that user's posts.
    It doesn't look like you have cared to really investigate, I don't see how this could be any more obvious that you haven't cared about details but something else.

    Investigate the IP addresses. You will see that they are not only different, but I and Antiwindows both live in the Netherlands and seemingly, Antiwindows is probably also a foreigner like me. English not being our native language and having to speak Dutch on a daily basis, yes, that's most likely going to result in having some similar styles of speaking.

    Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    The issues you want to discuss are exactly the same as that user's issues.
    Only the ICS issue. Isn't that weird? You do this research and show your muscles around but you have failed to see that there is only one post that I and Antiwindows wanted to discuss? As the matter of fact, the ICS post I posted was in response to Antiwindows' post, that has always been clear.

    Please reply asap: from your actions, finger pointing, not having done your home work, etc, I assume that your next action will be to delete this thread and ban me. If so, do it right away and save yourself some trouble, just tell me if you want me gone. You don't need to explain why, it's already clear to me. Just be man enough to say so. And I will be gone for good. I will then uninstall Ubuntu and install Debian or whatever other Linux distribution (perhaps I will even pay for Windows), and you can count at least two former Ubuntu users Ubuntu has lost recently that I know of.

    Otherwise reopen my threads (which are some damn good threads, lol) and start focusing on what really matters for us all here (Ubuntu) instead of what and with what you personally agree and do not agree with.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Beans
    9,213
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Why are all of my threads closed?

    Quote Originally Posted by ihatecommies View Post
    Please reply asap: from your actions, finger pointing, not having done your home work, etc, I assume that your next action will be to delete this thread and ban me. If so, do it right away and save yourself some trouble, just tell me if you want me gone. You don't need to explain why, it's already clear to me. Just be man enough to say so. And I will be gone for good. I will then uninstall Ubuntu and install Debian or whatever other Linux distribution (perhaps I will even pay for Windows), and you can count at least two former Ubuntu users Ubuntu has lost recently that I know of.
    We don't delete threads. We prefer to keep the evidence visible.

    I hope you find a community better suited to your needs. We tried to work this out with you via private message but you never replied. We attempted to discuss the issue via email, but you didn't respond.

    If you are interested in my reasoning behind this ban, beyond what has already been stated and confirmed by another admin, please refer to the "what's a troll?" link in my sig.
    Last edited by matthew; February 12th, 2007 at 09:18 PM. Reason: added the first 2 sentences, no other changes
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

    Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •