Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: you have to admit...

Beans

Red face you have to admit...

http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...d-answers.aspx
    now, i don't want to start a flame war or anything like that, but you have to admit this really looks good! i could pay the dollars for the os just because of the background image.
    of course my country has the best scenery ever, but this one is really beautiful too

Beans

Re: you have to admit...

Quote Originally Posted by mykalreborn View Post
    now, i don't want to start a flame war or anything like that, but you have to admit this really looks good! i could pay the dollars for the os just because of the background image.
    of course my country has the best scenery ever, but this one is really beautiful too
    Can you give us a hint?
    "I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I'm not."

Beans

Can you give us a hint?
    hehe. busted.
    i don't have any photos that look better than those pics. at least i don't know of any.
    i was just being patriotic. seems like our country needs it, especially since we entered the eu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Of course it looks/sounds good. That's why Windows is popular on the desktops, an linux... not so much

Beans
    Distro
    Edubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by Klaidas View Post
    Of course it looks/sounds good. That's why Windows is popular on the desktops, an linux... not so much
    That doesn't explain XP's popularity... I've used it since '01 and I still feel ill when I look at it...

Or were you being sarcastic, hehe?

Beans

veneer

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.06

Windows has nothing on all my fudgin' eye candy. All I have to do is travel into gnome or KDE and the desktop is my oyster (yes. I have both installed and can use either one whenever I want to. My ego is so integrally connected to my computer usage.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by mykalreborn View Post
    LOOKS GOOD. Give me a break pls. KDE looks better than that crappy excuse of an OS called ******* ¨Vista¨, and I´m not exactly a fan of ugly, bloated GUI´s.
    "Some people says that if you run a Microsoft Midori iso backwards you will hear demon voices commanding you to worship Satan". But that's nothing. If you run it forward it will install Microsoft Midori.

Beans

LOOKS GOOD. Give me a break pls. KDE looks better than that crappy excuse of an OS called ******* ¨Vista¨, and I´m not exactly a fan of ugly, bloated GUI´s.
    it's a matter of taste i guess. i for one have rarely seen such a good looking interface.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

The backdrop image is gorgeous, and the black bar is nice....but I have a similar look on all my computers anyway. Also, the desklets. (or widges, whatever they're called) I have some of those as well...I don't have Beryl or Compiz, but the images and youtube vids I've seen of these programs seems to me to be more impressive than the Vista Aero look.

I have had a few chances to play around with Vista, and I really wasn't all that impressed. In fact, one of the computers was playing the movie Apollo 13 on it, and I was surprised to see how fuzzy it looked--reminded me of an old VHS tape.
    · Compaq Presario 5630 PII, 400 Mhz, 384 MB RAM: Arch with XFCE 4.6, Antix, Debian w/LDXE
    · Dell Dimension 8200, P4 2.2Ghz, 1.5 Gig RAM, Ubuntu 10.10 and Windows 7 (vrtualbox)
    · Thinkpad R40, P4 M 2.0 Ghz, 1 Gig RAM, Ubuntu 10.10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast